A champion with potential?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Czim

02-02-2013

I'm wanting to know if there's any champions someone can think of who aren't played too often but have the potential to be pretty deadly in the right hands. Could anybody throw out some ideas on who I could try playing? Thanks

Racism

02-02-2013

Akali

She's extremely strong right now in the bruiser meta if built properly.

Can avoid a lot of burst and becomes really tanky with her shroud + season 3 items.

She's practically a viable AP Bruiser with the kit of an assassin

Brightinly

02-02-2013

I don't see many Cassiopeias, and oh boy, she does shred health.

Also whole team stun.

Czim

02-02-2013

Thanks for the reply! However I already play Akali quite a lot, she's one of my favourite champions as it is and probably the one that I do best with tbh.

As for Cass, I've played her before and she is one I've considered buying. I'll keep that thought about Cass in my mind, thanks.

LogicAspiration

02-02-2013

I say Skarner. I've not yet EVER seen another Skarner, yet with even just a decent build, like one from mobafire or something, he's absolutelt excellent. Shreds enemy champs in both team as a tank and in smaller engagements. Especially great at ganking too so long as his ult's ready to use.

Brightinly

02-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicAspiration View Post
I say Skarner. I've not yet EVER seen another Skarner, yet with even just a decent build, like one from mobafire or something, he's absolutelt excellent. Shreds enemy champs in both team as a tank and in smaller engagements. Especially great at ganking too so long as his ult's ready to use.
I used to play a lot of skarner during season 2, I really hate how buying armor on him doesn't make him a super tank anymore.

Bolshevik Muppet

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-02-2013

I mean, you can make practically anyone tanky with warmog's these days, also, just for giggles, liandry's is actually quite fun as a final item on skarner

as for your original question, a Gragas in the right hands is a true terror, his ult can either reposition the enemy team, or rival janna in terms of instant disengage

I Shake Babies

02-02-2013

LeBlanc. 100-0's any carry in the game. Just don't die or your head will be rolling.

Ephringael

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-02-2013

Urgot is still an extremely dangerous pick. He can even top lane against the right opponents "Oh you picked Darius? Lol, thats funny."

As Urgot, armor pen makes his Q hurt like hell. E can grant bush vision. he gets a huge damage boost after completing a Manamune, which causes enemies to underestimate him for an easily kill here and there. His W is a decent shield which makes his auto attacks and his Q slow the enemy.

If the enemy wants to dive you, and attacks you once. They just got held in place for a second or two, and swapped to the other side of the turret. Throw up your shield, and E, and hey look! Free kill!

His damage does drop off late game against the tankier opponents, but he still shreds squishies, and by that point brings enough utility to make up for it.

He also has a decently high skill cap.

All in all, he is fun and effective, but he is still a niche pick, and as such, he isn't always the 'right' choice for a given situation.

Czim

02-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicAspiration View Post
Skarner is definitely someone I've considered and I may indeed purchase him. Thanks for that input.

To the Gragas suggestion, a friend also suggested Gragas to me and you're certainly right about his ult. He may be another possibility for me to purchase. Thanks.

I did used to play LeBlanc but sort of got bored because once you combo someone.. then that's about all you can do. Thanks anyway though