thresh has no attack speed per level

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Leaf of the lake

02-02-2013

It might be intentional, to reduce his potency as a carry with the death sentence passive.

JevelFaithful

02-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3mptylord View Post
You two are both delusional. ADC Thresh is equally viable.
So is adsona and AD/AP janna. Doesn't mean they weren't intended as supporting character. All I'm saying is that he wasn't advertised as adc, so he probably wasn't meant for it. It's an off-build. like apEz. It might become the main build, but it wasn't intended. I don't think they'll prioritise adc thresh over sup-thresh.
If he's viable without attack spd, so what? he doesn't need it then.

Phoe Dragon

02-02-2013

That is kinda a thing that probably should be looked into. Bump.

3mptylord

02-02-2013

He's the only champion in the game with no attack speed per level. This sounds more like an oversight. Even Taric has attack speed per level.

Shockforce

02-02-2013

Quote:
He's the only champion in the game with no attack speed per level. This sounds more like an oversight. Even Taric has attack speed per level.
Because his maxed Q passive is like a free crit every attack even without extra buildup.

~ 100% extra attack damage in magic damage, 200% if it builds up to full.

So they did not give him extra attack speed.

3mptylord

02-02-2013

That logic really doesn't work. There are plenty of champions with "free crits" - Draven, Nasus, Jax, etc. Up until Thresh, Singed and Rammus were the only champions who were "sub par" to compensate their kits - having lower mana and attack damage respectively (so that, including their passives, they are "normal" at level 1). While I appreciate Thresh having no armor per level to compensate Damnation, having no attack speed to compensate on-hit effects is going too far now...

fibblins

02-02-2013

I noticed this too and found it odd, but it seems balanced given how strong the passive on Death Sentence is; given that each soul adds 1 damage to your minimum autoattack, attack speed is a pretty effective stat to build on Thresh. Wit's End works wonders on him.

edit: speaking from a top-lane perspective

zippofan

02-02-2013

Quote:
You two are both delusional. ADC Thresh is equally viable.
i lhad to lane agaisnt a vayne and a thresh that only had a BF sword...He hurts like hell with his q passive

Fluffy1

02-02-2013

its likely an animation thing where excessively high attack speeds would break the animation maybe so they didnt let it scale too much to stack with attack speed

CerealBoxOfDoom

02-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingcharles07 View Post
but hes like the only champ that actually gets MORE dps by not constantly attacking
He's also the only champ that can get an entire block of data as armor.
He's also the only champ that can't scale into the endgame without getting souls.

Sona is the only champ that has 3 different auras she can switch between whenever she wants and autograb assists all day long.
thrundle is the only champ that can beat you to death with your own armor
Ahri is the only champ that can charm
talon is the only champ that has both stealth AND silence

lots of if not all champs are one ofs