Don'cha hate it when that farmed Olaf just runs through your team

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Atheau

02-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adumu View Post
You know, I'm not QQing about Olaf. I know how to shut him down. This isn't about that.

This is ONE situation in which I faced an Olaf that I found humorous after the fact. I figured I'd share it with the forums because everyone likes to laugh at these types of things. But, for some reason, people are mistaking the intent of this thread.

It's just humor, people. I don't think Olaf is OP at all. With that said, I'll let this thread die now since no one seems to like it.
Y'know, the A___u thing was my shtick. Mine. Then you have to come along with your fancy /dum/ self and push out my beautiful /thea/.

It hurts, man. Right here in my nonexistent soul.

selenvar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-02-2013

the problem is you weren't playing vayne, vayne's really good at shutting down olaf.

stealth, he keeps running looking for you while you're doing some true damage to him.

Roydez

02-02-2013

Just ****ing kill him.
Don't run away without autoing him.
You plus your support if played correctly should be enough

Adumu

02-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atheau View Post
Y'know, the A___u thing was my shtick. Mine. Then you have to come along with your fancy /dum/ self and push out my beautiful /thea/.

It hurts, man. Right here in my nonexistent soul.
I'm sorry, man. So sorry.

... Wait, why aren't you pissed at Amumu? He stole both of our shtick's. What with his /umu/ and his A____u!

And to the guy telling me to Auto Attack the full tank Olaf while my support is off galivanting with the rest of my team (As said, they allowed me to be isolated with the terror that is Olaf), I was up **** creek.

Seriously, they all just went balls deep on the enemy team while Olaf chased me around the lane. Asses, the lot of them. >_>

Zombielovers

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-02-2013

Quote:
You know, I'm not QQing about Olaf. I know how to shut him down. This isn't about that.

This is ONE situation in which I faced an Olaf that I found humorous after the fact. I figured I'd share it with the forums because everyone likes to laugh at these types of things. But, for some reason, people are mistaking the intent of this thread.

It's just humor, people. I don't think Olaf is OP at all. With that said, I'll let this thread die now since no one seems to like it.
There is no place for light hearted humor in GD forums!

Away with you!

Atheau

02-02-2013

Quote:
I'm sorry, man. So sorry.

... Wait, why aren't you pissed at Amumu? He stole both of our shtick's. What with his /umu/ and his A____u!

And to the guy telling me to Auto Attack the full tank Olaf while my support is off galivanting with the rest of my team (As said, they allowed me to be isolated with the terror that is Olaf), I was up **** creek.

Seriously, they all just went balls deep on the enemy team while Olaf chased me around the lane. Asses, the lot of them. >_>
Man, can you get angry at Amumu? I swear, every time he looks at me with those tear filled eyes, I'm like...Damn. Can't do it.

Lvl 8 Psyduck

02-02-2013

Don't you hate it when that fed mordekaiser just 1v5 your team and uheuheuheueh walk away

Adumu

02-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atheau View Post
Man, can you get angry at Amumu? I swear, every time he looks at me with those tear filled eyes, I'm like...Damn. Can't do it.
... I hate when he's on free week and I accidentally click him. "I thought you'd never pick me..."

... And suddenly I'm jungling Amumu when I had intended to go mid as Malzahar. Sad mummies OP.

Hach16

02-02-2013

Quote:
I was too busy running away to even think of that. Every fight ended up with me blowing everything I had to avoid him while the enemy Vayne wrecked my team because no one but our Kha'zix focused her. XD
Sounds like there was alot more going on thant simply Olaf charging you out of a fight.

Kha'zix generally does alot more damage than Olaf. However it seems based on your earlier "4v4" comment, he wasn't able to keep vayne busy/out of the fight. So its possible Kha'zix was behind, already. Or Vayne sat there and ate his damage to make sure should could put damage down on others.

I'm curious, which champion were you? Don't get me wrong, Olaf is a pain to deal with, but it's not impossible. Personally I find putting him behind earlier in the game so he's not so tanky makes a big difference.

Adumu

02-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hach16 View Post
Sounds like there was alot more going on thant simply Olaf charging you out of a fight.

Kha'zix generally does alot more damage than Olaf. However it seems based on your earlier "4v4" comment, he wasn't able to keep vayne busy/out of the fight. So its possible Kha'zix was behind, already. Or Vayne sat there and ate his damage to make sure should could put damage down on others.

I'm curious, which champion were you? Don't get me wrong, Olaf is a pain to deal with, but it's not impossible. Personally I find putting him behind earlier in the game so he's not so tanky makes a big difference.
Full rundown is this

I was Varus, so my only options to get away from Olaf were Flash and my Ult, and I had to blow both just to escape for a short amount of time. My ult was pretty much wasted every fight in order to make Olaf use his so that I could try to outrun him till it wore off.

Kha'zix was actually fed, but he wasn't building Assassin. He was bruiser built, and so he did damage but Vayne could avoid him long enough to have her Lulu peel. And she also frequently received Kayle's ultimate.

Long story short, the team fights would go as follows-

Initiate from either OUR Kha'zix, Cho'gath, or Maokai, or from THEIR Olaf, Jayce, or Kayle.

Once the fight broke out, Kha'zix and I would focus Vayne, and half a second later I would need to run away from the pissed off viking trying to smash my face in with ornamental drumsticks.

Kha'zix would continue to chase Vayne, but it would be useless because Lulu would ult her and then she would melt Kha'zix, or Kayle would ult her and she would melt Kha'zix. After Kha'zix died, she would just systematically decimate the remaining members of my team while I was busy trying to kite Olaf. Sona, my support, simply stuck in the center of the team fight spamming her skills with everyone else and leaving me to be singled out and chased off by Olaf.

Maokai, and Cho'gath were tanks. No damage, lots of CC. Which, of course, was useless.

Looking back at it, I realized their team was practically made to single out a high priority enemy (I.E. myself, the ADC.), and make his day hell. Having a Lulu/Kayle ulted Olaf running amok is just plain ridiculous to watch.

It wasn't just Olaf that caused the situation, but he was still the one chasing me around like something right out of Tom and Jerry during team fights. I pretty much never actively participated in the fights because I couldn't eat Olaf's damages.