How bout nerfing this nidalee spear

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SilentSir

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-02-2013

I don't know the exact numbers on this thing, but currently it's doing full damage at like half range. Level 5 spear (level 8 Nidalee) does like 700 damage with one spear in lane. Can we nerf this a little bit?

I'm fine with the niche, as long as it's not dong 700 damage when I'm halfway away from Nidalee. I think a Nerf in power would be appreciated, followed by a change on how the extra damage works.

For the record, I'm not saying that the damage at max range needs to be nerfed, I just think that a spear should be doing 300 damage at level 5 when it's only at 700 range instead of 600 damage. But this does not annoy me more than invisible spears.

Minrat

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-02-2013

How about no?

Minrat

02-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minrat View Post
How about no?
EDIT: build MR, or learn to dodge the spears-hide behind minions-get close-all the things that stop the spear....

Enygm4

02-02-2013

If you can't dodge Nidalee's spears, you're doing it wrong

Leaf of the lake

02-02-2013

Dealing with her spear in lane is one of the easiest things to do in this game... just stand behind your minion wave and she can't hit you. She has no aoe minion clear outside of cougar form, and if she goes cougar, that's a free harass. If it's between minion waves, stand back and be ready to move out of the way. The spear's strength is also its weakness: it needs to be at max range for the best damage, which is also when it's easiest to dodge.

xXCFXx Avenger

02-02-2013

Use some protection......like minions, bushes, and you tanky teammates (or untanky ones if u are a dick)

laxjoh

02-02-2013

Not to insult you or disrespect; Nidalee spears are probably the easiest to dodge skill shot in the game. That and Cho'gath ruptures yet these two skills are in myriads of complaints from players who either do not attempt to dodge them.

Few tips to deal with nidalee spears, especially at bot lane as you are squishy, stay behind your minion wave. If the Nidalee is smart, she will go in bush and attempt a better positioning to pressure you into going into spear range/path. If this happens, ward the bush and have vision on Nidalee as much as you can. I was Vayne and my support was TRISTANA. We were going against Nidalee and Caitlyn. We got severely poked in lane and Cait is Vayne's biggest laning counter. However, the pokes never came from Nidalee because both of us had good positioning and Tristana poked with an AP DoT. We lost lane but I was 3/0 and ended with a 10/2/13 Vayne against a 3/8 Cait. We didn't even need to build MR even though Nida spears would chunk 70% of our HP. It's because we constantly dodged them spears.

Now smarter people will say a good Nidalee will position herself so that you can't see the spears until it hits you giving you no time to react. This Nidalee did just that but this is why when you know you're going against Nidalee you stay away from walls where she might possibly throw spears. And keep map vision at all cost as it is very important.

If you are being pushed out of lane and being severely poked, I would suggest farming as best as you can/wait for ganks/wait for team fights. Laning phase, you should focus on farming not killing and oftentimes people get kited by Nidalee when trying to harass too much or going to kill.

JevelFaithful

02-02-2013

hmm max dmg at half range? proof please? it might be a bug tought. who knows.

And people, I know I came here to hear the op being bashed for being a noob. But he might be pointing a bug in the skill.

ragnaraq

02-02-2013

Nidalee would be absolute **** without her spear.

Eloquid

02-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by laxjoh View Post
Not to insult you or disrespect; Nidalee spears are probably the easiest to dodge skill shot in the game. That and Cho'gath ruptures yet these two skills are in myriads of complaints from players who either do not attempt to dodge them.
Try to dodge that **** when she's hitting you from a bush or the other side of a wall genius.