Goodbye Madred's, LONG LIVE the BRUISER!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MonkeeD

12-05-2012

If any long term players are reading this you'll remember in the late season 1 and early season 2 pre-season the Bruiser class was HUGELY over powered and causing havok with the meta.

Players soon realised that Madred's Bloodrazor was a really viable pick especially against teams that were packing 2 or 3 of the big *******s.

But lets use a real life example, today I played a game against Lee Sin, Darius and Pantheon on a single team, their other teammates were teemo and Alistair. So we had 3 bruisers and 1 tank/support. All of whom saw fit to stack health with Warmogs Armor or frozen mallet. we of course we powerless to stop them. As kassadin i built the New Liandry's tomrent but only having 4 spells and being basically a single target champ, (i know he has a lot of AoE but you focus one guy) I wasn't able to apply any sort of signifcant damage beyond a single target, as it were i could burst any one of these guys for about half their health, seeing as they all had around 3k HP, thats not bad, 1500 dmg is quite good for half build. But herein lies the problem. I was the only person who could build and anti tank item because i was the only pure caster on the team.

TLDR; removing Madred's Bloodrazor has brought the old problem back of bruisers being impossible to remove in team fights, darius can now get 2 warmogs and simply wait in a fight until it's time to ult because he sure as hell won't be dying any time soon.

Good Job Riot!

MonkeeD

12-05-2012

bump

TheCarnegie

12-05-2012

Ad can build Blade of the Ruined King. AP really only has Liandry and Death Cap. I'd just tell carry to build BOTRK.

DragonOdyssey

12-05-2012

Madred's Bloodrazer was removed because it basically was an anti-tank item that also gave armor and attack speed. It was an item that kinda discouraged the tank role. Bruisers themselves are pretty weak against the new amounts of penetration players can have to use against them.

To let you know, it looks pretty straight foward of why you lost. The enemy team had high amounts of AD going on there, and Alistar and Teemo were there to give CC. So, team fights when you have gold disadvantage is not a good idea.

Also, are you complaining about Bloodrazers while using a Kassadin game as an example? To me, it seems you didn't play a lot of games and QQed about bruisers.

Aplayaz2000

12-05-2012

hi i was wondering what i can get instead of maldreds

usually if i was building ww i would get maldreds blood razer for the AS and damage
also the armor pretty much good for fighting with

so what can be its replacement, tyx

Vuther

12-05-2012

*sigh*

Someone else who thought Bloodrazor was actually worth buying for countering fighters.

(It wasn't)

TealNinje

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vuther View Post
*sigh*

Someone else who thought Bloodrazor was actually worth buying for countering fighters.

(It wasn't)
That's not true.

For countering BRUISERS it wasn't bad. Lifesteal just happened to be better.

Nea De Penserhir

12-05-2012

Madreds got upgraded.

It just got name changed to Malady.

Thubgar

12-05-2012

all items break down to a fairly simple dps vs cost ratio.

madreds on any ADC is less efficient than PD.
not only is the proc not that powerful in its own right, dealing only 100 base damage against a 2.5k hp champ, the prevalence of merc treads killed its damage even more.

i don't think bruisers will be so much the issue as the carries will die too easily because of all the crazy burst items flying around.

Galgus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-05-2012

Riot actually called it a noob trap- saying Wits End was usually a better and cheaper item choice and that it worked better for Bruisers killing Carries than vice versa.

They removed it because it was weak, not because it was too strong in the new system.