Strange trend in DominateDominion's entries.

123456 ... 7
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DevlJoe

02-02-2013

As somebody who has gotten together in random pub teams twice, let me just say it's not at all fun to play one match and then get annihilated by +5/PBP (both of these happened), but I would still probably do it again, given the chance. It would be nice to have a more stable team though.

I do agree that there's no real good way to get teams together though. I've seen plenty of people join DD chat and randomly shout their desire to join a team, but they're usually ignored. Other times I've seen multiple other people express a similar desire at the same time, but nobody actually wants to make the effort to organize all those randoms together and find a team that works.

Cauldrath

02-02-2013

From my experience, none of the randomly-thrown-together teams ever last, so there is no chance of them improving as a team. Legitimately putting a team together that actually works together and doesn't rage at each other requires a good bit of work and sometimes passing up players who are better at playing, but who have attitudes which aren't good for the team. This was also back when you could look at elo to weed out really bad players, but I wound up recruiting all the way down to the 1300s. So, after practicing with this team for a week, we go against another new team and win pretty handily, but then our next game was against +5 during the height of their reign of terror. Most of the team was giving up before we started and one panicked to the point of hard randoming their champ from time running out, partially because the death of draft mode meant we didn't practice drafting. So, after that we, of course, got stomped by +5. (I'm pretty sure it was on stream, too.) As it was single elimination, we were out of the tournament at that point and for some reason most of the team didn't want to take another go at another.

Am I saying that my team breaking up was DD's fault and not mine? Of course not. I probably had no business running a team in the first place. But I'm willing to bet my experience wasn't that different from other rookie attempts.

Bma

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-02-2013

When the best course of action to try to get into Competitive Dominion is to hope you get to sub for a top 4 team and eventually take over someone's spot, I think it's in a pretty bad spot.

The pool of high elo dom players who can actually play competitively is so low that no new top teams will form.

When was the last time that the top 4 wasn't Cheese,ftv, pecs and +5 when all 4 were playing? That's why competitive dominion sucks.

Shukarhazh

02-02-2013

I'd consider myself a mid-ELO Dominion player - at least, I see 2-5 revives a game (including mine).

Difficulty in actually putting together a team/getting on an existing one really is why I didn't play in a DD tournament, though I really really wanted to. The DD forums being dead did not help matters - I saw/see no reason to hammer away at finding a team there if nobody was using it. I can't speak much for getting stomped by top teams as I never got to face any of the elite, so I won't touch on that.

I've been playing SR ranked for quite some time because... well, Dominion doesn't have ranked. And now that Season 3 is here and Dominion still doesn't have ranked? See you on Farmer's Rift, I suppose... I mean, I like the fast-paced non-snowbally capture-and-hold mode - small skirmishes mean I can run around solo attacking objectives (think backcaps) without screwing the team horrifically like in SR - but without a measure of how well I actually do, there's no freaking point.

I'll try to maintain some activity here with you guys. An average voice sounds like just the thing you guys need.

Oh, and Riot... RANKED DOMINION OR BUST

BeefJerkyHunter

02-02-2013

I only don't bother because my weekend schedule usually gets interrupted. Just part of my work.. being on call late at night...

Phourc

02-02-2013

I'd love to join but I work Saturdays and don't have a team.

(Also I'd get eliminated in the first round so not a huge deal that I can't make it. xP )

Painkillar

02-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCIX View Post
Honestly, the old players/teams need to retire. As in, not play in in the formal competitive tournament. They can have fun games and even mentor players if they want but we need to get them out so a new era of players can be ushered in.
so the solution isn't to have competition to aspire too; it's to get rid of all of the competition and make dd tourneys the equivalent to a little league baseball game. Sounds legit.

also, i charge 30 dollars an hour.

Quincunx

02-02-2013

Basically, I'm fairly busy and practicing enough to make a team competitive takes time (even if I were always available on Saturday nights). Otherwise I would have tried to join/form a team by now.

Asking other players around DD-time, many of them don't know/care about the tourney.

inFe eD

02-02-2013

Oh, there are more than enough players floating around solo queue to make 2-3 teams that can compete with the best. They're just... lazy? Uninformed?

DSpyder

02-02-2013

Apathetic

123456 ... 7