Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Black Screen

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nonowa

02-01-2013

Hey guys i got a problem and judging by what i have read or seen i think others have this same problem. When i play league i get a black screen int he middle of the game forceing me to start my computer over. this messes me up because i generaly play adc or mid. i was wondering if you guys had any solutions for me?.

I've gone through the entire process i even uninstalled and reinstalled. i also did the repair and i even tried formatting my computer and re-instaling it in brand new.

i play bot games with ease and then when i play a and actual match i get black screened. whats even worse is that when i get black screened it locks all my computer functions and my monitor goes on standby. whats funny i guess well not really is that i can hear teammates on skype still before i restart my computer manually.

if theres any information out there please help!

Nonowa

02-01-2013

Also its not the graphics card or the hard ware i had that all replaced and i can run other games such as SC2, Diablo, Borderlands, Tera Online, ect. all on maximum settings

Don Dre

02-02-2013

if it is overheating that might be the problem. be sure it isn't loose or anything.

i had the same problem and it was my comp overheating.

Daze Eclipse

02-02-2013

I have a similar problem...When I open up League of Legends and click play it works fine. But once I get to the login screen and I enter my username and password it just brings me to a black screen. Also, there is black screen in the background as well at the login screen where Thresh used to be. I have tried repairing and uninstalled Adobe Air. I have also tried restarting the client to see if that might work but it didn't. I just un-installed and am currently installing so maybe that'll work but who knows.

BeanPITO

02-02-2013

Never fear, I have the solution!
1) Go to your Riot Games installation on your harddisk, usually C:/Riot Games/League of Legends

2) Open the following directory:

rads // projects // lol_air_client // releases // [the highest number]

Delete the following files:
- releasemanifest
- S_OK

Open the 'deploy folder'

3) Within this deploy folder, delete the following folders/files:
- lib (folder)
- META-INF (folder)
- mod (folder)
- lolclient.exe (file)
- lolclient.swf (file)
- locale.properties (file)

4) Restart your LoL application

Nonowa

02-04-2013

Quote:
Daze Eclipse:
I have a similar problem...When I open up League of Legends and click play it works fine. But once I get to the login screen and I enter my username and password it just brings me to a black screen. Also, there is black screen in the background as well at the login screen where Thresh used to be. I have tried repairing and uninstalled Adobe Air. I have also tried restarting the client to see if that might work but it didn't. I just un-installed and am currently installing so maybe that'll work but who knows.

tell me if something happens

Nonowa

02-04-2013

ps: bump

Nonowa

02-04-2013

Quote:
iMechaFlash:
if it is overheating that might be the problem. be sure it isn't loose or anything.

i had the same problem and it was my comp overheating.

nope not that i can run like starcraft and tera online on maximum settings and it barely rises 5 degrees