Black Screen

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nonowa

02-01-2013

Hey guys i got a problem and judging by what i have read or seen i think others have this same problem. When i play league i get a black screen int he middle of the game forceing me to start my computer over. this messes me up because i generaly play adc or mid. i was wondering if you guys had any solutions for me?.

I've gone through the entire process i even uninstalled and reinstalled. i also did the repair and i even tried formatting my computer and re-instaling it in brand new.

i play bot games with ease and then when i play a and actual match i get black screened. whats even worse is that when i get black screened it locks all my computer functions and my monitor goes on standby. whats funny i guess well not really is that i can hear teammates on skype still before i restart my computer manually.

if theres any information out there please help!

Nonowa

02-01-2013

Also its not the graphics card or the hard ware i had that all replaced and i can run other games such as SC2, Diablo, Borderlands, Tera Online, ect. all on maximum settings

Don Dre

02-01-2013

if it is overheating that might be the problem. be sure it isn't loose or anything.

i had the same problem and it was my comp overheating.

Daze Eclipse

02-02-2013

I have a similar problem...When I open up League of Legends and click play it works fine. But once I get to the login screen and I enter my username and password it just brings me to a black screen. Also, there is black screen in the background as well at the login screen where Thresh used to be. I have tried repairing and uninstalled Adobe Air. I have also tried restarting the client to see if that might work but it didn't. I just un-installed and am currently installing so maybe that'll work but who knows.

BeanPITO

02-02-2013

Never fear, I have the solution!
1) Go to your Riot Games installation on your harddisk, usually C:/Riot Games/League of Legends

2) Open the following directory:

rads // projects // lol_air_client // releases // [the highest number]

Delete the following files:
- releasemanifest
- S_OK

Open the 'deploy folder'

3) Within this deploy folder, delete the following folders/files:
- lib (folder)
- META-INF (folder)
- mod (folder)
- lolclient.exe (file)
- lolclient.swf (file)
- locale.properties (file)

4) Restart your LoL application

Nonowa

02-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daze Eclipse View Post
I have a similar problem...When I open up League of Legends and click play it works fine. But once I get to the login screen and I enter my username and password it just brings me to a black screen. Also, there is black screen in the background as well at the login screen where Thresh used to be. I have tried repairing and uninstalled Adobe Air. I have also tried restarting the client to see if that might work but it didn't. I just un-installed and am currently installing so maybe that'll work but who knows.
tell me if something happens

Nonowa

02-04-2013

ps: bump

Nonowa

02-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by iMechaFlash View Post
if it is overheating that might be the problem. be sure it isn't loose or anything.

i had the same problem and it was my comp overheating.
nope not that i can run like starcraft and tera online on maximum settings and it barely rises 5 degrees