Ranked System In a Nutshell.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SpookieCookie

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-01-2013

Basically, Riot made it so you have to play at least 8 games to qualify for a promotion. And that's 8 games in a row of winning. If you lose one, you have to play two games to get back to where you were to begin with. They made it the biggest grind fest in the world. Essentially it will take 50+ games of straight winning to advance tiers. When it only took like 25 games back then, assuming you gained 10 elo per game. The worst part is losing double what you win.

Jumpyy IoN

02-01-2013

...fuarrrrrrkkkkkkkk

Treza

02-01-2013

this is a good thing when you think about it. dont forget that the old system didnt take into account the experience of the player. at 1200 elo you could have someone whos playd 1000 games or someone whos played 1. this way as you become more and more experienced (and thus better) youll move up the ladder and play against similarly experienced players. right now i kinda feel like im as good as i can get playing with the competition im playing with, which isnt quite good enough to just say **** it and cruise to 2k. this way youll be able to advance eventually through sheer luck and play with better people inevitably.. atleast thats my understanding of it

of course the system is very new so who knows its to early to tell how things will end up