Someone please explain the new system?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

wrsthnsatn667

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-01-2013

So when I read up on it, Riot said you can't drop divisions, and you don't lose League Points when you lose. Both have happened to me. How does the new system REALLY work? I'm so confused.

Also, you need to get 5 wins to cover two losses. WTF? Win 7 LP, lose 22 LP. What's the deal, is everyone supposed to be lower all the time or something?

I'm not QQing, I'm just EXTREMELY confused. What I heard and read form Riot, was they said "once you are in a league, you're there for good you can't drop down. You can be paired with people below yours based off the Elo that is now hidden, but you can't drop down a tier or league." LP I might have misunderstood as you can't go below 0 but idk what it what now anymore.

Can someone explain?

Voyles

02-01-2013

It's called LP Hell to replace Elo Hell. Get used to it.

zeek0

02-01-2013

You can't drop out of the tier that you are in. You can still drop divisions. For example, if you are silver division 3 then you can drop to silver division 4 but you cannot ever drop down to bronze.

Yes, you lose LP when you lose. It makes sense to me, you gotta have some negative consequence for losing.

As for the large number of wins:losses you need to move up, that is partially intended. You should be forced to win a lot more than you lose in order to work your way up a division. However, some of your questions may be answered here: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=3073741

Good Luck out there!

BanditBandito

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeek0 View Post
You can't drop out of the tier that you are in. You can still drop divisions. For example, if you are silver division 3 then you can drop to silver division 2 but you cannot ever drop down to bronze.

Yes, you lose LP when you lose. It makes sense to me, you gotta have some negative consequence for losing.

As for the large number of wins:losses you need to move up, that is partially intended. You should be forced to win a lot more than you lose in order to work your way up a division. However, some of your questions may be answered here: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=3073741

Good Luck out there!
That would mean he would be going up divisions not down divisions 1>2>3>4>5

zeek0

02-01-2013

ah, thanks for the correction. I fixed it in the original post

Cheers.

BanditBandito

02-01-2013

Ok good, I was questioning myself on that one too, been a little confusing today