Screen flashes black after patch feb 1 2013

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KamikazeCommie

02-19-2013

I've noticed that with my first game of the day I see very little to no flickering/lock ups/glitching, which is nice. However, if I were to play any more than that one game the amount of these issues rises exponentially. Has anyone else noticed this?

CaptainSpock

02-19-2013

My account was just banned due to this issue.

Can you say wdf riot????

Muranodo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-19-2013

I've had it happen in the first game of the day too. If you've gone to all very low, I'm guessing there's just a smaller chance of occurrence; it may be a placebo effect, ultimately. I can see how this would contribute to reporting within the Tribunal... especially if you don't have a great PC to begin with for some.

vitadrink

02-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainSpock View Post
My account was just banned due to this issue.

Can you say wdf riot????
Uhh i'm pretty sure you were not banned for this issue. you must've done something bad prior to the problem with graphic card.
I'd recommend you speak to an employee and look at the reform card if you think you're really not guilty.

On topic: Bump for justice!

FalsePeace

02-19-2013

I'm having the same problems as you guys. For me it mainly happens on Summoners Rift. For some reason on Proving Grounds it happens much less frequently.I get freezes with the game mainly when there are alot of champions on the screen and spells being cast. The screen also turns black at times and the screen gets distorted. This all started happening to me after the Season 3 patch!!

Bwownmp

02-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by KamikazeCommie View Post
I've noticed that with my first game of the day I see very little to no flickering/lock ups/glitching, which is nice. However, if I were to play any more than that one game the amount of these issues rises exponentially. Has anyone else noticed this?
I kind of noticed this too, but wasn't sure if it was just my perception. I also didn't think it mattered much, since it still seemed to happen, only a bit less. But then second game and on are pretty much not worth playing. Now it seems to be every game though, so either it got a bit worse or I was just looking too much into it before.

Doctor Elo

02-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot dArtagnan View Post
I sense that I was summoned!

Earlier this morning, I had a meeting with a team here at Riot called Live QA. They focus on all emerging and current bugs/issues in our client or the game itself, and I specifically talked to them about this particular issue.

From this conversation, I have learned that we are aware of this emerging issue, and we would like to move forward with resolving it quickly. Additionally, as of this moment, we are also working on finalizing a fix for Radeon HD 7 Series Graphics Card. To that end, we will be working on resolving both of these issues as quickly and efficiently as we can.

Due to this, I cannot provide any further or exact information as of this time other than the fact that we know about it, and are going to be working on it. I am sincerely sorry for any issues this is causing. Hang tight guys, were get it resolved!
What about the nvidia gtx 460m... Just google, "league of legends nvidia gtx 460m" and look at all the issues.. The game is almost unplayable for me and I am using that card

Muranodo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-19-2013

I've not noticed the problem again by going to borderless versus full screen. I assume it's a placebo effect again. But I thought I'd make mention.

Lios Ashenblade

02-19-2013

Any updates for the Nvidia 8800 series cards?

CptKink

02-20-2013

Today, it's been 20 days since this problem appeared. I know it only affects a small amount of players but it's definately a game breaking bug... I'm sad that it hasn't been resolved yet

-Kink