Screen flashes black after patch feb 1 2013

First Riot Post
1234511 ... 38
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CptKink

02-01-2013

Came back home, downloaded patch, tried a bot game. Happened 3 times that my screen would flicker black for ~1-1.5 secs and then go back to normal. At one point, my vampiric scepter icon went black. When I moved the item, the icon came back.

After that I upgraded my video drivers and it seems even worse now. Sometimes the screen starts flashing black non-stop till I alt-tab and come back to game.

My video card :
GeForce 8800 GTX

Thanks,

-Kink

Vinaka

02-02-2013

Hello. I am having the exact same issues. Screen is freezing up and flickering black after the patch. I've never had problems with this before this patch. I also see garbage artifacts and so on where I presume I am supposed to see cc notifications. I've had portraits of characters and Dragon become nonsense boxes, and have seen my auras break as well.

I also have an 8800 GTX.

I am currently reinstalling LoL and will be updating drivers as well. Hopefully that nips the problem. Will report back with results as they happen, or hope for a solution in the mean time.

Beastiezee

02-02-2013

I have an 8800 GTS and my screen keeps flashing at strange times. Sometimes the game comes completely black and sometimes it looks like lag. I have never had lag nor any other problems of this sort. I am running Windows 7 on a quad core intel with 4mb of ram.

Vinaka

02-02-2013

No luck with either a reinstall or a driver update. Tested as Ezreal in a normal game. Still experienced some periods of black flickers and solid black screens.

Help Riot!

Muranodo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-02-2013

Started experiencing this today. It occurred around three times in a normal match that I just played. Repairing my LoL installation. I'll edit if it helps (since I saw someone claim it did in another thread). Otherwise expect the problem to still be reoccurring. Edit: Still broken.

CptKink

02-02-2013

Anyone got anything fixed? Please post your video card and OS, it's a good idea to help them pinpoint the problem. I had posted my video card but not my OS... so here goes again...

GeForce 8800 GTX
Intel Core 2 duo CPU E8400 3.00Ghz
4.0 GB RAM
Windows 7 64 bits

There's a post similar to this one posted january 17th for Radeon card users and from what I've read, no fix has been found so far :/ This is getting irritating. I just played 2 ranked game, being excited about the league change and it costed me a death and a kill so far. I'll play games vs bots in the mean time I guess... I always want to give it my best in ranked and this is holding me back

-Kink

Muranodo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-02-2013

Have a Nvidia Geforce 8800 GTS where this started after the patch.

Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit processor
AMD Athlon X4 640 Processor
4.0 GB RAM

It's happened in all matches today to varying extremes. I've had it happen in large spaces apart (5 minute windows) to cases where it'll happen three times back-to-back in team fights.

Also, I can confirm this only happens via League of Legends. I've played Guild Wars 2; it's been perfectly smooth. I'm doing a repair install of LoL again since I know it's not the video drivers (they're up to date and non-beta drivers 310.90 drivers); I had them installed at least three weeks(?) before this occurred. It's all after the season 3 patch. I'll check back after doing a bot game to give an update; I'm sure it won't fix it. It makes the game pretty much unplayable for me (i.e. any running or team fights). I asked in team chat if anyone else was having the problem and none were.

Also, changed graphical settings from all very high to very low; it made no difference. Computer tower was also cleaned today, so it's not a dust problem on the GPU or any part within. Oldest part within the computer is actually the GPU.

KamikazeCommie

02-02-2013

Glad I'm not the only one having this issue. I also have a GeForce 8800 GTS and have been experiencing these issues. At first I thought it was a driver issue, so I updated the drivers. However, I've still had the flickering and black screen issues. Everything was running perfectly before the season 3 patch.

Muranodo

02-02-2013

Just played a bot match; the flicker/flash/freeze happened 3 times in a 22 minute window. Pretty unplayable besides co-op. Repairing did nothing.

CptKink

02-02-2013

Just played a 3v3 twisted treeline game. Screen flickering/freeze/going black happened about 6 times in the first 10 mins then rest of game, nothing happened.

-Kink

1234511 ... 38