How is this system supposed to work?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Faceinnater

02-01-2013

Okay so I was in silver tier 3. I lost 3 matches duo to 4v5 and trolls and win 1. Which is a 1/3 ratio. I get bumped to Silver tier 4? How can I go from being 3rd in my tier to two games later being kicked out of tier and be moved down? How the **** does that make sense?

AU Freo

02-01-2013

Same problem. This new system sucks dick.

adc

02-01-2013

Just means you had more wins than a majority of the players in your division. If I've got 550 wins in silver division 3, I'll be higher than someone with 150 wins, unless he has more league points than I do. Thus, if I happen to only have 4 people in my division who have played so far, I'll be very high up if I win a game.

And then if you lose 3 in a row, you lose your league points and go down.

Just a quick guess, since I don't think anybody but Riot is really sure on the math or mechanics behind it right now.

PeacefulNomad

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-01-2013

I'm under the impression that losing causes you to lose a little too many points right now and riot is aware of this and intends to fix it. If your scared of losing rank then i'd wait a few days to see if riot says anything or not.