HP per level vs Armor vs Dodge

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tsavo213

10-23-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devynity View Post
One of the nice things about armor vs dodge is that armor reduces all physical damage, while dodge only has a chance to block auto attack damage

right?
Woah what? Is that true?

KucheKlizma

11-01-2010

Dodge blocks whole autoattacks, tho, including procs, while armor helps nill against Wit's End, Madred's, Malady, Sword of the Divine (when active isn't on), etc...
It can also save your ass on odd, unrealiable occasions, such as when an ashe attempts to slow you with an autoattack, and you dodge it (if you dodge it and if you also manage to avoid her ult and volley).
So a successful dodge check can be the difference between life and death in some situations.

Armor Mog

11-01-2010

Both.

Dodge is a must if you go for nimbleness.
Hp/lvl is better if you don't, as the EH is better vs both caster/melee. Also, the current meta is probably geared towards more HP with all the AOE, and the lack of MR yellows.

Akedomo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-01-2010

Simply get a full page of Magic resist runes(per level) and watch as you shrug off mage ult after mage ult, and Madreds, and any magic damage during the game. Since this game is lacking in magic resist items already, it's smart to rune for it, Smarter than it would be for armor, or even health. Since both are far easier to get than Magic resist.

Swampf0x

11-01-2010

HP/Lvl Seals are my favorite for Kennen/Akali.

Maraxx

12-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akedomo View Post
Simply get a full page of Magic resist runes(per level) and watch as you shrug off mage ult after mage ult, and Madreds, and any magic damage during the game. Since this game is lacking in magic resist items already, it's smart to rune for it, Smarter than it would be for armor, or even health. Since both are far easier to get than Magic resist.
Lack of magic resist item? You mean lack on magic penet stuff?
By the way, i prefer HP/Level. Dodge don't save you from an Ignite, nether armor do. Even if 175 HP don't seems to much, i can't count the time i survived with 10-60 HP.

warmonkey

12-26-2010

The sooner you get above 31 armor, the better -- I'm starting to lean towards flat armor seals more and more now that there are more and more champions dealing physical damage with abilities.

Fifthdawn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-26-2010

Dodge will give you the highest EHP against autoattacks late game.