Invalid username and password combination

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Catmuffins

02-01-2013

When I try and log in on my mac I keep getting Invalid username/password combination. I know this is not the case because I can log in on my PC and it works.

Edit: Never mind, im dumb... PBE

sciyth

02-01-2013

you get an upvote for figuring it out yourself. Keep it up. We'll make a beta tester out of you yet

ChiSqrd

02-01-2013

It kinda sucks that I have to make another account.

FTLAPS

02-01-2013

I don't get why that would mean he can't sign on? Can someone please explain to me? Cause i'd really like to play...

FatalRoman

02-01-2013

So in League, you can have 2 types of accounts: Live and PBE. Most people play live and this is probably the one that you have. However, there is a second account that will let you play in PBE. For PBE, you play not in live, but the beta version of League. Riot uses PBE to test out new features and fix any major bugs before it hits the Live servers.

sciyth

02-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatalRoman View Post
So in League, you can have 2 types of accounts: Live and PBE. Most people play live and this is probably the one that you have. However, there is a second account that will let you play in PBE. For PBE, you play not in live, but the beta version of League. Riot uses PBE to test out new features and fix any major bugs before it hits the Live servers.

This a lot of people don't seem to realize/understand it. You will be able to use the mac client on the live servers once it comes out of beta but for now the mac client is only available for the Public Beta Environment (PBE).

BlueJoo

02-02-2013

I understand I need a PBE account, but wehre do we sign up for one? Is it closed for registration rite now?

Ottoman42

02-02-2013

They open pbe signups sporatically usually for just 24hrs. So you have to be lucky to grab one.