Anti Kassadin DOM ONLY item

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zuko Prince

02-01-2013

Make an item that builds into a higher level caster item that reduces silence duration by HALF.

I want this to be built into a higher cost AP item because the intention is not to have auto attackers or bruisers take this item, this is for squishy ap casters that get jumped on by kassadin with ZERO time for any sort of counterattack.

Tenacity is a great stat on mercury treads, but against kass it's too little too late with his burst and leave ability.

restricting the reduction to silence only will allow for a larger reduction in silence duration and still be balanced. If you want to put it on a defensive item I suppose odins veil would work, but that could be used by anyone and that is not the intent here.

kass max silence is 2.6s, with the cdr item inflation kass's are running around doing WAY too much for FAR too little worry about being counter attacked. Casters are hit hardest, at least AD can auto attack during the eternity silenced.

VoidInsanity

02-01-2013

Being silenced for a shorter duration does nothing to solve the problem of kassadin having to much mobility.

MyDeadGrandma

02-01-2013

Or his innate, non penetrable MR reduction.

iProbie

02-01-2013

really only his ult is somewhat problematic thanks to his having longer range than flash and walls-a-plenty in dominion, I'm fine with the rest of his kit though.

Zuko Prince

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by iProbie View Post
really only his ult is somewhat problematic thanks to his having longer range than flash and walls-a-plenty in dominion, I'm fine with the rest of his kit though.

you must not play many caster archetypes if you are "fine" with the rest of his kit.

riot has shown they are HAPPY to inelegantly nerf champs with items like qss and malz, so they can do this to kassadin to.

His mobility is an issue but unless they just disable him, I don't see a way to fix that.

SlasherBag

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuko Prince View Post
you must not play many caster archetypes if you are "fine" with the rest of his kit.

riot has shown they are HAPPY to inelegantly nerf champs with items like qss and malz, so they can do this to kassadin to.

His mobility is an issue but unless they just disable him, I don't see a way to fix that.
He is an anti-APcarry. It was his design purpose. The whole point of playing against a counter to yourself is to not engage them solo (hence why aside from his ult, his kit is not an issue). Without riftwalk Kass can be hard countered by several champions, some who are tankier AP's.

The only "fix" he would need is one that the map needs, where some walls are very large and his leap goes over them due to the half way mark bug. Fix to kass would be to shorten his range below that mark for at least some of the walls, fix to the map would be to not let the half wall leap actually work, and to only be able to jump the ones that the spell range can reach over.

Zuko Prince

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaFerric View Post
He is an anti-APcarry. It was his design purpose. The whole point of playing against a counter to yourself is to not engage them solo (hence why aside from his ult, his kit is not an issue). Without riftwalk Kass can be hard countered by several champions, some who are tankier AP's.

The only "fix" he would need is one that the map needs, where some walls are very large and his leap goes over them due to the half way mark bug. Fix to kass would be to shorten his range below that mark for at least some of the walls, fix to the map would be to not let the half wall leap actually work, and to only be able to jump the ones that the spell range can reach over.

His entire reason for being is to seek out casters and engage them solo, we don't get a choice in the matter. If it were up to me I would never go against him with most of my casters.

More to the point, riot made him as a counter to ap carries or whatever else, but they have shown in the past they are willing to create items that counter that role and butcher their capacity to fulfill that role. QSS. Malz can do damage to tanks and really shut down AD carries... unless they buy QSS, then his ENTIRE synergistic kit ult/pool gets rendered useless. Without being able to lock them down an AD carry will tear malz to shreds unless you happen to land your skillshot and dot AND the AD derps and decides not to right click you.

they did ALL OF THAT to malz, which people NEVER seemed to complain about as hard as KASS. So screw kass, don't defend that cheese monster. Fix the ult range, but ALSO disrupt his anti caster kit just like they disrupted malz and teemo, it's only fair. No? Then you agree with riot that the kass kit should remain immune to defense if you choose a squishy caster (MR is not a defense against his kit, just his damage)

Bma

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-01-2013

You miss the point on so many levels.

Kassadin might be an anti-caster, but just like khazix, he's actually anti-everything. Get that point right first.

Secondly, whereas I don't mind Riot making items to specifically counter a champion, your example with Malzahar is flawed because QSS wasn't designed specifically to counter Malzahar. It's not like QSS is a particularly early game item like Grez/Lightbringer/Sweeper, all of which are specifically early game and counter Teemo, without getting in the way of obtaining necessary Ad/Ap stats. (Oh, I should probably point out thornmail, which basically invalidates ad carries too! Not rly a first item to buy on most champions, but it is a general answer to ad carries after a couple of items)

Third, your item will do nothing against Kassadin's power level. You miss the concept that he ****s on ad carries just as hard as he ****s on ap casters or bruisers. If anything, he should be countering ap carries, but the main problem is that he goes the next step and kills everything in the game.

nukular power

02-01-2013

Is there even such a thing as an AP "carry" anymore? It's more like AP tanks with all these stupid new items, and they make actually killing Kass even worse :/

The idea of a squishy AP carry died a while ago in LoL.