February MCCC-Roses are Red, Violets are Blue...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GenMadHatter

03-01-2013

O.o Uhhhh two winners?

The5lacker

03-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObscureClockwork View Post
The5lacker
Overall: 24/40
Gameplay:3/5 ultimate seems to be built badly, but contributes enough to gameplay im putting this here. You support by dying? you shield ally, but only works well defensively?
Stats: 5/5
Lore: 2/5 Has some story, don't see the theme represented
Abilities: 16/25 Ultimate is insanely powerful (gave it a 1) don't do the "take all the damage for annother" ult and make it be immune to lifesteal/sustain. I would just play this person top, stack a bunch of warmogs, and ult, and we have invinci-carry there just to kill everyone.
This continues to irritate me. Please, re-read the ability. She doesn't make her carry immune to damage. She TAKES all the damage THEY take. As in they both take the damage. She doesn't contribute to lifesteal and spellvamp because then any damaging ability would functionally double its healing, which would be drastically unbalancing and would make her an active liability for her team.

In addition, judging me on making an ability too defensive when one of the challenges was to make an ability that motivates people not to deal damage to one another? Are you kidding me?

EDIT: @Mody: "Ult-worthy?" I suppose Morgana's Black Shield is an ultimate now.

Moby the White

03-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by The5lacker View Post
This continues to irritate me. Please, re-read the ability. She doesn't make her carry immune to damage. She TAKES all the damage THEY take. As in they both take the damage. She doesn't contribute to lifesteal and spellvamp because then any damaging ability would functionally double its healing, which would be drastically unbalancing and would make her an active liability for her team.

In addition, judging me on making an ability too defensive when one of the challenges was to make an ability that motivates people not to deal damage to one another? Are you kidding me?

EDIT: @Mody: "Ult-worthy?" I suppose Morgana's Black Shield is an ultimate now.

@ult my judgement based on your wording is accurate

@shield morg's shield doesn't apply to herself if targeting an ally, in addition disables are prevented but they pop the shield. Where in your case you make her immune to disables while the shield holds. This shield also reduces damage making it harder I would assume to pop it because damage is reduced, thus I can say that yes it is ult worthy because its multi-target with immunity for 5 secs, and is more powerful than morg black shield-SHIELD STRENGTH: 95 / 160 / 225 / 290 / 355 (+ 70% AP)

and my name is Moby

The5lacker

03-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moby the White View Post
@ult my judgement based on your wording is accurate

@shield morg's shield doesn't apply to herself if targeting an ally, in addition disables are prevented but they pop the shield. Where in your case you make her immune to disables while the shield holds. This shield also reduces damage making it harder I would assume to pop it because damage is reduced, thus I can say that yes it is ult worthy because its multi-target with immunity for 5 secs, and is more powerful than morg black shield

and my name is Moby
Your judgement is not accurate. "She takes all of the damage her allied champion does." "DOES." "DOES." As in they take the damage, and so DOES she.

Morgana's Black Shield does not pop when hit by a disable. It is not a spell shield. Is is a Magic Damage shield which has the side-effect of preventing disables while it's active. "Active: Places a shield around target friendly champion for up to 5 seconds, absorbing magic damage and preventing disables while the shield holds."

I'm woefully disappointed in the judging this round. I mean, come on. This is fairly simple stuff that can easily be looked up on the Wiki, or determined through some basic thought of how abilities would interact. For example, why would she apply a shield to an ally IF SHE BLOCKS ALL DAMAGE THEY WOULD TAKE ANYWAYS? Simple, she wouldn't. Quite frankly, I'm insulted that so many people completely misunderstood my concept, even after I explained it weeks ago in my thread. The fact that people think I'd be so incompetent as to make a champion who reads "Your AD carry is immune to damage" is completely insulting, and I question the integrity and competence of contests to come.

Moby the White

03-01-2013

Quote:
Your judgement is not accurate. "She takes all of the damage her allied champion does." "DOES." "DOES." As in they take the damage, and so DOES she.

Morgana's Black Shield does not pop when hit by a disable. It is not a spell shield. Is is a Magic Damage shield which has the side-effect of preventing disables while it's active. "Active: Places a shield around target friendly champion for up to 5 seconds, absorbing magic damage and preventing disables while the shield holds."

I'm woefully disappointed in the judging this round. I mean, come on. This is fairly simple stuff that can easily be looked up on the Wiki, or determined through some basic thought of how abilities would interact. For example, why would she apply a shield to an ally IF SHE BLOCKS ALL DAMAGE THEY WOULD TAKE ANYWAYS? Simple, she wouldn't. Quite frankly, I'm insulted that so many people completely misunderstood my concept, even after I explained it weeks ago in my thread. The fact that people think I'd be so incompetent as to make a champion who reads "Your AD carry is immune to damage" is completely insulting, and I question the integrity and competence of contests to come.
Spell: Caster takes all damage Target does.

What this says is that the Target deals ALL damage to caster of spell.

It is in the way that you wrote it. Please don't insult my intelligence. I am smart enough that I know what you meant it to say. But what you meant and what you write are two different things.

And for her shield, she is granting additional damage reduction. This spell is far superior than Morg's. Maybe not ultworthy, but needless to say it is quite powerful.

Allow me to say this, I felt the concept design of your champion was excellent in synergy. The spells all seemed to work well together, but based on how you wrote them, they tended to be misleading and at times appear overpowered. And to blatantly just disregard a challenge didn't help you either.

ObscureClockwork

03-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptamei View Post
@Clock: I'm not sure how Caoin is complicated. You right click to move and attack things with your character, right? So you hold Q and right click to move and attack things with Lorena, same for the other handmaidens.

LoL is a simplified version of a map that is considered a less skill based derivative of an RTS with a much lower skill cap than Starcraft. Let's not make a game for toddlers, please.
well, i didn't say i minded complicated champions, rather i mind it when a champion feels complicated for the sake of complication (meaning that it really could have been streamlined)
and to be honest, the goal isn't having a skill floor as high as the empire state building, and on top of that a skill cap at the tip of the atmosphere. I feel what makes a champion extremely well made is one that has a inviting skill floor, and a high skill cap to allow exploration.
while starcraft has a high skill cap, i find it inviting nonetheless, because it doesn't take much to play starcraft, and enjoy it, even if it takes a lot to play starcraft well.

i have approved of your other more complicated designs before, but for this one, i felt that it could really have been simplified and also have counter play options put in. That's my opinion
regardless, you still did pretty well, good job

GenMadHatter

03-01-2013

OC can you gets on the IRC?

ObscureClockwork

03-01-2013

Quote:

ok, you want to question the integrity and competence? fine go ahead, but if you wanted a rejudging with this new information, ranting about it, rather than asking for it is not the way to go.
we are NOT entitled to judge your champion
we are NOT entitled to allow you to compete (and i believe this is the 2nd time you have cause conflict in the MCCC)
quite frankly, idc what you meant when i judge it, i just judge it as i read the abilities, im not a mind reader. i dont care who you are when im judging, you could be fking echoing or bliztron, and i still wouldn't care, because i do not allow one's fame or reputation get in the way of my judging.
now, if you put a note in the bottom, and explained it, we would have read it, but you didn't. other people put notes for clarification.
in fact, looking through your thread now, i see that both Katsuni and Thayen have misinterpreted your ultimate, and you STILL didn't leave us a note here? we aren't gods here, we aren't able to read your mind, and if you FAIL TO PROPERLY ANNOTATE, do not expect us to read your mind, when you already have had previous evidence that the wording is bad.

if you really wanted to word it as such
She takes damage equal to the damage her allied champion takes.
then leave a note on the bottom telling us that "both she and her ally take damage."

furthermore, i suggest you reduce ego and instead of being pretentious and aggressive, see if there is a way of resolving the problem without the rampant sarcasm. i understand you are irritated that people misunderstood your champ. what i don't understand was the aggression and sarcasm from the very beginning. at least Rapatamei had enough respect to not go full aggression. if you want to rant, don't do it here.

Jackbollda

03-02-2013

Hey! Congrats to the winners! Woo!
Moby, could I ask for a little more feedback? I felt it was a bit quick, and I would like a little explanation as to why you thought it was op. I wish to learn! (So I have a better shot next time.)

Thanks for hosting it,
Jackbollda

Moby the White

03-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackbollda View Post
Hey! Congrats to the winners! Woo!
Moby, could I ask for a little more feedback? I felt it was a bit quick, and I would like a little explanation as to why you thought it was op. I wish to learn! (So I have a better shot next time.)

Thanks for hosting it,
Jackbollda
definitely willing to give more feedback post your champion in my main page and ill give you more thoughts as time permits. Lots of stuff on my plate right now.