Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

February MCCC-Roses are Red, Violets are Blue...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Moby the White

02-01-2013

Life is like a box of chocolates challenge I wanted to clarify this,

In order to satisfy this challenge your champion can have a Zyra type effect occur after death in order to cast the single target ability OR your champion can have a spell that works based on the assumption that if your champion dies in the next X duration the spell occurs OR your champion can have a natural passive that does something beneficial to a solo target after death. If you have any questions about an ability satisfying the requirements feel free to ask.

Ansarum

02-01-2013

Name: Collera, The Harbinger of Passion

Lore:

Many years ago in Bandle City, the Megling Commandos had a great Commander. Legends are still told about this Yordle, about how fierce and passionate she was about the fight and her people. Many Yordles still recall her feats as legend, lore, and inspiration. Collera was thought lost forever after her tragic fall to save the one she loved, and was not seen again until now.
On a routine patrol of the area, the team saw a strange light coming from the edge of a cliff near the edge of the Sablestone Mountains. A sense of evil came over the group as they approached the light. Collera knew they were nearing a pass to the Voodoo lands but deemed it necessary that they continue. The threat of a power taking the peaceful land that she loved pushed her to take out whatever was there. The team of yordles stayed behind as Collera and her lover, Tranello used the terrain and spied on what was making the light. Humans from the Gray Order were talking about enslaving the town selling them off as pets to Noxian Nobles and making a fortune.
This statement infuriated Collera, screaming profane things at the group of humans as she rushed into the camp, Warhammer in hand. Tranello rushed back to the platoon of yordles. Explaining what happened they all rushed to the camp, now empty and no trace of life. 2 human bodies and the remains of the camp were the only things that greeted the group. Tranello and the group thought that they lost that leader that day. But many years later out of the Voodoo Lands, came a familiar face. Collera had changed over the years and was not the leader she used to be. As she arrived back into the City she once protected, changed by the evil she had to endure. She was not welcomed to open arms, or even smiles. And her once beloved Tranello now lie in a grave outside of the town, his life taken defending the town from the people that took her away.
Not wanting to endanger the town of Bandle city again, Collera joined the league of legends soon after her escape to keep her former town safe, and fight in the honor of her beloved Tranello.

Abilities:

“Life is like a box of chocolates” --requirement--
Passive) Demand help!
Upon death, Collera demands aid from another Champion. After 1.5 seconds, she can call out to any champion giving them a 30% speed boost towards her. If it is an enemy this is treated as a taunt forcing them to run to Collera. This ability is canceled upon reaching Collera or after 3 seconds.

Q) Yordle Fury

Active: Collera charges in a straight line, gaining 5/10/15/20/25% attack damage for 3 seconds. Each successful hit on an enemy unit increases her Fury by (5)

Range: 475

“Cupid's Arrow” --requirement--
W) Temper, Temper!
Active: Collera Shouts nasty things at a target enemy, taunting them for 1/1/1.5/1.5/2 seconds and reducing their attack damage by 10/12/14/16/18% for 3/3/4/4/5 seconds. This also reduces all incoming attacks by 15/17/19/21/23% while Collera is shouting for 2 seconds. If the enemy is within melee range after the taunt, she slaps them for 50/70/90/110/130 true damage. This uses up to 10/15/20/25/30 Fury.

E) Bottled up Inside
Passive: Extends the cap on Fury by 5 per point and allows Fury to be built up .2/.4/.6/.8/1 per second

Active: Collera lets her anger out. She consumes up to 20/25/30/35/40 Fury giving Collera Attack speed bonus % of equal amount

R) Wrath of the Yordle

Active: Collera instantly receives 30/50/70 Fury upon activation of this ability. Her Health, Attack Damage, Attack Speed, and Movement speed are increased. All Fury charge is consumed, and Fury amplifies the abilities duration.

Duration: fury divided by 20 rounded up in seconds (consuming 90 fury would grant 5 seconds)

Heal: 100 + (50% fury)
Attack Damage: 50 + (10% fury)
Attack speed: 30% + (5% fury rounded up)
Movement speed: 10% + (10% fury rounded up)

Chris017

02-02-2013

Eliza the Entwined Dancer

Allure - Innate
Eliza's basic attacks Charms her target for 0.5 / 0.75 / 1 second and inflicts Allure Debuff on her target for 3 seconds. This effect cannot trigger on the same target more than once every 11 seconds.

• Allure causes the target to deal 10% less damage against Eliza. Does not affect Epic Monsters such as Baron, Dragon and etc.

Gentle Press / Wrap - (Q) Linear Target, Damage
Eliza extends her sleeves and launches it forward, dealing damage and inflicting Allure to all enemy units caught, her sleeves persists for 3 seconds before disappearing.

May activate Wrap once Gentle Press is activated, Eliza will drag the farthest enemy unit affected by Gentle Press back to her, knocking back all other enemy units.
  • Linear Range: 600
  • Magic Damage: 70 / 110 / 150 / 190 / 240 (+0.8 per Ability Power)
  • Cooldown: 16 / 15 / 14 / 13 / 12 seconds
  • Mana Cost: TBA
  • Gentle Press only deals damage upon launch, enemies may move freely within the path of Eliza's sleeve for 3 seconds. This does not deal damage if enemies will move into Gentle Press's linear range.

Whirl - (W) Area of Effect, Damage, Barrier
Eliza performs a single spin that deals damage to nearby enemy units while surrounding herself with her own sleeves and creating a barrier that lasts for 2 seconds. Enemy units struck while afflicted with Allure are slowed for 2 seconds.

For each Enemy unit struck with Allure reduces Whirl's cooldown by 2 seconds.
  • Range: 300
  • Magic Damage: 80 / 120 / 160 / 200 / 240 (+0.5 per Ability Power)
  • Barrier Amount: 50 / 100 / 150 / 200 / 250 (+0.2 per Ability Power)
  • Slow: 15% / 20% / 25% / 30% / 35%
  • Cooldown: 12 seconds in all levels.

Heavenly Leap - (E) Area of Effect, Movement
Eliza gracefully leaps into a target location, dealing damage to nearby enemies and briefly gaining bonus attack speed and movement speed for 3 seconds. Additionally, enemy units struck with Allure Debuff are afflicted with Pacifist instead, preventing them from attacking or casting spells for 3 seconds or until attacked by a champion.
  • Leap Range: 500
  • AoE Range: 350
  • Magic Damage: 60 / 90 / 120 / 150 / 180 (+0.3 per Ability Power)
  • Bonus Attack Speed: +2% / +3% / +4% / +5% / 6%
  • Bonus Movement Speed: +5 / +10 / +15 / +20 / +25
  • Cooldown: 18 / 17 / 16 / 15 / 14

Performance - (R) Area of Effect, Debuff, Single Target Ally Buff
Passive - If Eliza dies, she'll heal the nearest ally with the lowest Health and causes the ally to gain Allure Innate for 4 seconds. May not activate if Performance is in Cooldown.

Active - Eliza performs her most powerful dance, with enticing steps and alluring movements she constantly charms all enemy targets around her every 2 seconds for a set duration.
  • Passive - Range: 600
  • Passive - Heal: 150 / 200 / 250 (+0.5 per Ability Power)
  • Activate - Range: 500
  • Active - Charm Duration: 1 / 1.25 / 1.5
  • Activate - Duration: 4 / 6 / 8 seconds.
  • Cooldown: 90 / 80 / 70 seconds.
  • May stack with Eliza's passive Charm, increasing the overall duration of Charm of that target. Enemy units will be continuously charmed as long as they are within Performance's Range.

Moby the White

02-02-2013

Okay just want to clarify the Lore challenge needs to revolve around love in either the tragic or romantic form. I hope this doesn't make you guys have to scrap anything. If you have a question about a current idea and whether I'll let it slide since you've already written it do not hesitate to ask. I am a flexible person but I'd like to see the theme of love met here.

GabrielaSiete

02-02-2013

Augustina, the Bilgewater Barkeep

Rough Lore:
Gragas's long-lost daughter who owns Bilgewater's most infamous tavern. Despite her bar being his unofficial dry-land headquarters, Augustina has never really been able to catch the attention of her one true love: Gangplank. She joins the league in the hopes that, by constantly beating him within an inch of his life, she will finally catch the eye of the one she loves most.

Abilities:
Innate: Last Call: When Augustina dies, she may press any button to serve one toss one last drink to a nearby ally, healing them for a percentage of Augustina's total health and increasing their attack damage, ability power, armor and magic resist by a percentage of her's.
Q: Brawl Stopper: Augustina tolerates fighting her establishment but when things get too out of hand, she's knows just how to handle it. Augustina chucks an empty bottle at target enemy's head which shatters upon impact, stunning that enemy and dealing damage to all enemies near them.
W: [ILiquid Refrehment: In Bilgewater, being sober is socially unacceptable. Augustina serves up a drink to a nearby ally or takes a swift swig from her person stores, sharply increasing health regeneration and attack damage for a brief duration.
E: Hustle: Years of shoving through her crowded tavern have given Augustina a knack for getting where she needs to go. Augustina gains increased movement speed for a moderate duration, non-allied champion units she collides with are shoved out of her way.
Ultimate: Love Potion #47: Augustina's master plan to win Gangplanks heart is still under construction. For the time being, she happy to use the prototype to cause as much mayhem as possible. Charms all units in a large radius around target location, causing them to walk harmlessly towards Augustina for a brief duration.

Moby the White

02-02-2013

Quote:
Zarkof:
Link to Lorman, Avatar of the Mountain (http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=34190554)

Just drew up this idea this morning (after the competition's posting, of course). While not a classic "lovers" themed character, it still embodies the core aspects of the themes for the competition. I just don't feel like I can pump out a true romantic lore with such a small limit. Trust me, I'd really like to write more but there was just too much to fit in.

What is the policy on making tweaks and what is the policy on feedback? Do I have free reign over any minor changes I make until judging time? What kind of feedback can I accept? (like I'd get any feedback anyways...)

I am entering the competition this time. I am stating this just to prevent any possible future confusion that happened last time.

-p.s. Moby

Link is broken.

@ link not my link

@ feedback and tweaking no tweaking is to made during prelims.

you can accept minor feedback that does not alter your entry into this contest up to OC really

Moby the White

02-02-2013

Quote:
Zarkof:
so pretty much just minor balance tweaks (cds, range, damage, etc) and no major overhauls then? Sounds good.

major overhauls can only occur after prelims

Sulfuric

02-02-2013

I would like to enter the contest

Alexia
The Flirtatious Guardian

Envy: Alexia's charm afflicts nearby enemies with Envy, reducing their attack damage.
AD reduction: 4 + 1 per level (22 at lvl 18) [Based on Alexia's level, not the enemy's]
Range: 800

Flirt - Q
Alexia doubles the effect of her passive on a single enemy for 3 seconds, also dealing 40/70/100/130/160 (+.4AP) magic damage. While this ability is on cooldown, Envy is deactivated.
Mana cost: 40
Cooldown: 10 seconds
Cast range: 650

Fireflies - W
Alexia throws a jar of fireflies at a location, granting vision of all enemies hit (including stealthed enemies), slowing them and applying the damage reduction from Envy for 4 seconds. The Envy debuff cannot stack. [This means if you hit an enemy that is already affected by your passive, you cannot further reduce their attack damage with this Envy stack. However, this can stack with an enemy affected by your Q, reducing AD on a specific enemy by up to 66 AD at lvl 18).
Mana cost: 70
Cooldown: 14/13/12/11/10
Cast range: 750
Slow %: 30/35/40/45/50
AoE diameter: 350

Breakup - E
Alexia breaks her charm with an opponent, stunning it for 1.5 seconds and dealing 50/80/110/140/170 (+.5AP) magic damage. If the target is affected by Flirt, the stun duration is increased by 40%, and if the target is alone the damage is increased by 40%.
Mana cost: 80
Cooldown: 13/12/11/10/9
"Alone" radius: 600
Range: 600

Torrent of Love - R
Alexia professes her love for her allies, firing a bolt of healing energies in a direction. If Alexia is killed within 5 seconds of casting this, her spirit lingers and she has up to 3 seconds to cast this ability again, with reduced effect. Heals for 300/450/600 (+.8AP). Second cast: Heals for 1/2 of first amount, no mana cost
Mana cost: 150/175/200 mana
Cooldown: 120/105/90 seconds
Range: Global
Projectile speed: 2000

*Box of Chocolotes requirement satisfied by "Torrent of Love"*
*Cupid's Arrow requirement satisfied by "Torrent of Love"*

Lore:
Alexia grew up in an affluent part of Noxus, but never really felt like she belonged. She often hated the warring mindset that Noxus and Demacia had for each other. Always worried that something bad would happen to her or her family, she secretly researched the ins and outs of the city, looking for passages that would conceal her in case she fled. One night while exploring a very dark tunnel in the east side, she found another who was interested in the dark, forgotten areas of the city. Not knowing whether to hide or go talk to her fellow citizen, she continued on her way, and so did the other. On her way way back home, she saw no others, which she took as a good sign, and promptly fell asleep when she arrived at her house.

A few days later, Alexia took to the dark alleys again, looking for secret exits and connections around the city, but also looking for the only person to have seen her. She found him in the same place, at the same time as before. This time she went and asked him what he was doing - the same thing as her. They decided to pair up and explore the tunnels and passageways together, for safety and company. After a good night's worth of exploring, Alexia started feeling that there was something more to her new partner. As she was leaving to go back home, she was told to dress up the next time they met. He kissed her, and left. Confused but excited, Alexia went home.

The third night they met was different. When she saw him, he was wearing clothes fit for a man much richer than even her family. She commented him on his attire, and he did the same. This time, they weren't exploring, but he was leading her somewhere. They ended up in a building she didn't recognize . . . until she realized they had gone through a secret entrance to the Noxian High Military Command building which had been retrofitted for a party that night. Alexia usually didn't like the high culture she was born into, but enjoyed it all the same, talking to many of the other party-goers. Afterwards, Alexia decided to go home with her new partner to see if there was more to their relationship.

When she awoke the next day, he was gone, without any evidence to follow, and even more harrowing, she learned that a member of the Noxian miltary had been assassinated last night at the party she was at! She knew it couldn't be a coincidence. Betrayed by love, she vowed never to let it get the best of her again, and focused on hunting down the man who stole her heart, only to break it to pieces

Stats:
Hp - 375 + 76 (1743 at lvl 18)
Hp/5 - 5.0 + .55 (14.9 at lvl 18)
Mana - 250 + 50 (1150 at lvl 18)
Mana/5 - 7.0 + .62 (18.16 @ lvl 18)
AD - 49 + 3 (103 @ lvl 18)
AS - .640 + 2.4% (.916 @ lvl 18)
Armor - 10 + 3.5 (73 @ lvl 18)
Mr - 30 + 0 (30 at lvl 18)
MS - 335

Quotes:
Listen to the audio here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UO3bpxNZUOA&feature=youtu.be)

While moving -
Off we go!
Of course
They'll looooove me
With my stunning good looks
Who can resist?
Is this a date?

Casting Q -
Don't hurt me baby
Ease up a little
You wouldn't dare!

Casting W -
Found you!
Light the way
There's a counter for everything (when revealing stealthed unit)

Casting E -
We just don't work
Nope
Not even in your dreams hun

Casting R -
Heal!
Don't you die on me
Please don't leave me . . .
Heal heal heal!

Joke -
I've been practicing my standup routine for awhile now . . .
I'm from Noxus, don't **** with me.
But I've always wanted to say "DEMACIAAAAAAAAA"

Taunt -
I'm out of your league
I'll break more than your heart

Edit: Finishd lore and added audio voiceover for all the quotes, was about 12:05am by the time I was done editing, hopefully the judges will have mercy and let me slide by a few minutes.
Edit again: Grammar

Sulfuric

02-02-2013

Quote:
Zarkof:
oh? That seems a bit counter-intuitive to me, since you could post something that makes it past the prelims and then change it up a bunch to something that might not have made it through. But whatever, your rules, not mine.

I thought it was that major overhauls could happen whenever as long as it's before judging. As long as your champion fits the requirements for the month, you get through prelims. Then, if you feel like changing it, and your changes still fit the requirements, you can change whatever.

Raptamei

02-02-2013

Question: can I do a character with the same name and roughly the same background, but not the same content, stats or kit as an older failed character?