February MCCC-Roses are Red, Violets are Blue...

1234511 ... 28
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Moby the White

02-01-2013

READ THIS FIRST!
Please do not post here to advertise champions.

Welcome to February's Monthly Champion Creation Contest! This is a four-week contest to see who can create the most complete and best champion concept within a given set of parameters.

Your hosts this month are yours truly, Moby the White & ObscureClockwork. We will be judging you this month (hopefully) , after hosting last month and having a great time. This is a really fun contest; I hope a lot of you join in.

As far as judging goes, just like last month, we will (hopefully) have more than one judge. We will be judges, and we will try to have 2-3 more. As done before, if you wish to be a judge, review a non-winning champion from the January MCCC using this month’s judging rubric. We will be accepting additional judges, and We won't accept someone who is not a good reviewer. Remember, if you judge, you cannot compete in the competition!

Week 1: Abilities!
Contestants must come up with an Innate (Passive), Q, W, E, and R for their champion. They must relate to the theme and be unique. No numbers are required at this point, but descriptions of the ability's mechanics (if they aren't obvious) will help. AFTER WEEK 1, SIGN-UPS ARE CLOSED.

Week 2: Lore!
Write the background story for your champion, like the Lore of current canon champions. Roughly 400-500 words in a two- to three- paragraph format works best, and can be adjusted even after Prelims.

PRELIMS!
Champions who do not meet the theme and challenges will be eliminated, as will champions who lack lore or are missing abilities. Those who pass move on to Weeks 3 and 4.

Week 3: Stats!
Contestants must develop base stats and stats related to their abilities during this week.

Week 4: Judging
Judgment week! Contestants will be eliminated until the winner and runner-ups have been found; they will be judged using this rubric:

Abilities: (X/25)
Do the abilities work well together, resulting in fun combos for summoners to employ? Are the numbers balanced compared to similar abilities? Is each ability worth putting points in?

Story: (X/5)
Does the story fit sense and fit in with other champions' Lore? Does the story adequately explain the champion's abilities? Is it within a reasonable length?

Stats: (X/5)
Are the Champion's stat numbers within reason? Are they within the proper boundaries and neither too big nor too small? Do they fit the champion's intended role? Does the champions base stats fit with the rest of the champions in the league (30 magic resist, no base AP, etc.).

Gameplay: (X/5)
Does the champion as a whole make people want to play it? Is it fun to play as? Is it fun to play against? Is it different from champions that already exist in the game? Is the interface and targeting confusing or streamlined? Do enemies have some way to counterplay your mechanics, or are they dead no matter how well they play? Note: if they are dead no matter how they play, that’s bad.

Theme and Challenges
Did the Champion and his/her abilities fit the Theme? Do they satisfy the challenges mapped out for them? Champions who cannot pass the Theme and Challenges are disqualified, and that’s that.

- - -

Week 1: February 2 – February 8
Week 2: February 9 – February 15
Prelims: February 15– February 17
Week 3: February 18– February 24
Judging: February 23 – February 28

There's no limit on how many people can sign up for Week 1, but champions without complete lore or abilities will be eliminated.

AFTER WEEK 1, SIGN UPS ARE CLOSED. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

In addition, if you fail to complete your abilities and/or story by the time their respective weeks end, you will be eliminated. Don't argue - you've been warned. Just for clarification, however, you CAN scrap/edit a champion concept and start over after week 1 is over so long as you met the deadlines for your previous champion(s). However, you cannot do this once Week 2 has ended.

This doesn't mean you have to "come up with an idea before coming up with an idea". You can post lore and stats early, you just need four abilities and an innate up. Even if they don't meet the challenges, I won't disqualify you for that after week 1. I only check the theme/challenges part during prelims and judging.

Now, onto the Theme and Challenges!

Roses are Red: Your Lore needs to be romantic
OR
Violets are Blue: Your Lore needs to be tragic
OR
Both will Do: Combine both requirements.

Whether it is Romeo and Juliet and a Starcrossed affair or even a parody of the late St. Valentine himself who was trapped in his cell and sent love letters via pidgeons to his true love before being executed. Keep it iconic and interesting. An example I could give of Lore that I made that is tragic yet based on a romantic concept that I feel would qualify as tragedy would be Krane the Starcrossed Warrior. Its a fine example of creating a scene of great tragedy but remained full of action. Its also a great example for any lorecrafter on how to include currently existing champions within their lore without making the lore all about the wrong person.

"Life is like a box of chocolates"- The old adage by Forest Gump. Well on Valentines Day I know my loved one wants chocolate. And I know that when St. Valentine wrote said letters that was the start of a new tradition of giving these said chocolates. Your champion needs to have a single target ability that aids one ally after your champion dies.

Cupid's Arrow- Design an ability that takes this infamous concept and makes it real ingame. My idea? Make an enemy fall in love with an ally and have neither do damage to each other. Do not copy my idea. You may use the whole love concept but I think the no damage concept is kind of silly hence why I used it.

As judges, we cannot enter our own contest, neither can any of the judges, but if you have any questions about the requirements I am happy to answer them. If you want to learn how to design a good champion look here
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2099323
it contains amazing information that will revolutionize how you design champions.

Don’t forget, no using already existing champions, as that defeats the purpose.

Good Luck and Have Fun! I can’t wait to see what you guys come up with

Note from Moby,

For the most part I copied and editted OC's January MCCC in order to post a new MCCC for February. This contest idea is my first one and hopefully you guys like the idea. February is a short month and I know that the schedule is a little tighter this month. I apologize for that but as you will notice each week is a 7 day stretch so I didn't take anything away from you guys there. I really enjoyed hosting last month and am eager to help co-host this month yet again. OC I really hope you don't mind me posting this without your approval but we have got a lot of rather eager contestants awaiting our newest contest.

Good luck and have fun, Moby White

Moby the White

02-01-2013

Reserved for prelims and finals

DQ'd sorry if i mispell names
Rogue Vector no lore
Milkus Wulfus no lore
Chris017 no lore
monkeylvlkey no lore
Furnace no lore

RogueVector

02-01-2013

Salvator, the Aegis Knight

Theme; Both will do (PS, that sounds reaaaally really bisexual out of context <3). Based on The Four (Platonic) Loves, a C S Lewis book..

Lore: Aegis Knights were an order of Knights formed in Valoran's distant past, as hunters of monsters and dark creatures...

"The threat posed by five Aegis Knights can never be matched by that of one Aegis Knight standing in the blood of his fellows." - Kayle, the Judicator

Innate: Fellowship.
Armor and MR buff to all allied champions in range. For every allied champion in range, buff is increased.

Q: Enemy Ours
Applies mark on enemy target for two seconds, slowing them. All allied attacks on target deals an extra % in Magic Damage. Mark is refreshed (up to x times) whenever Salvator attacks.

W: Bonds of Trust
Salvator charges an enemy champion, deals damage and pins them to the ground rooting the two of them in place for 1.5 seconds.

E: For you, my Soul.
Cost: Health. Effect: Heals allied champion for health + scaling with AP.

R: No Greater Sacrifice
All allies in range are given a buff and <20% of Salvator's current Health as a shield. Mark 'Aegis Intervention' will persist after shield pops. If an ally dies with the mark still active, Salvator will swap places with ally (within range) and heal ally for all his remaining health. Salvator will die in their stead.

Should Salvator or any allied champion die, the remaining champions are given an Attack Damage, Ability Power and Attack Speed buff for 15 seconds while Aegis Intervention is active.

Still Eternity

02-01-2013

Hey Moby, I'd like to help judge for this month.

Here's the link to my review of Raptamei's Champion I did during the month of January. This does qualify for a review, yes?

Moby the White

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueVector View Post
Salvator, the Aegis Knight

Theme; Both will do (PS, that sounds reaaaally really bisexual out of context <3). Based on The Four (Platonic) Loves, a C S Lewis book..

Lore: A hunter of monsters with his sword and travelling with warriors that he would count his brothers and sisters, they sought out the most terrible monsters of Valoran and faced them down. Throughout the years, one by one they slowly fell; some to the horrors they hunted, a few to time, some to themselves as they grew into the monsters they hated in their berserk zeal...

Innate: Fellowship.
Armor and MR buff to all allied champions in range. For every allied champion in range, buff is increased.

Q: Enemy Ours
Applies mark on enemy target, slowing them. All allied attacks on target deals an extra % in Magic Damage. Mark is refreshed (up to x times) whenever Salvator attacks.

W: Bonds of Trust
Salvator charges an enemy champion, deals damage and pins them to the ground rooting the two of them in place for 1.5 seconds.

E: For you, my Soul.
Cost: Health. Effect: Heals allied champion for health + scaling with AP.

R: No Greater Sacrifice
All allies in range are given a buff and <20% of Salvator's current Health as a shield. Mark 'Angel's Intervention' will persist after shield pops. If an ally dies with the mark still active, Salvator will swap places with ally (within range) and heal ally for all his remaining health. Salvator will die in their stead.
it just means that you may choose to do both but idc what sexual preference your concept is to be honest I mean read Krane and you will see this

MilkusWolfus

02-01-2013

Do we post the champion here or just title it with [Feb MCCC] or something?

Moby the White

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still Eternity View Post
Hey Moby, I'd like to help judge for this month.

Here's the link to my review of Raptamei's Champion I did during the month of January. This does qualify for a review, yes?
Rate someone from the december one for now and give us a rating out of 40 and I'll get in touch with OC to see what he thinks.

Moby the White

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilkusWolfus View Post
Do we post the champion here or just title it with [Feb MCCC] or something?

Post the champion here do not advertise a champion here.

You may post an exterior link as well, but realize that your work must be in plain text posted here as well.

MilkusWolfus

02-01-2013

[Name]: ___, The Taoist Monk
[Weapon]: Prayer Beads

[Theme]: Violets are blue.

[Lore]: Love lost, finds comfort in prayer.

[Innate]:
Upon taking damage that exceeds 5% of his Max Health ___ gains 10% increased Health Regeneration and healing effects for 5s. Stacks 5x.

[Q]: (10s Cooldown)
Strikes a target twice. The cooldown is reduced by 1% for every 1% of health target has. This skill is uneffected by CDR.

[W]:
Passive: Upon death ___ enters prayer for 3s.
Active: Selects target of prayer. Heals target ally for a percent of ___'s Max Health every .5s.

[E]:
___ channels for 3s raising a small barrier in front of him defending against skill shots and ranged attacks that would travel through it. Barrier has X health. If the barrier persists at the end of channeling ___ is healed for the remainder of the barrier's health.

[R]:
Throws prayer beads at target location charming all foes near it. ___ jumps as soon as the beads land on the ground, smashing upon landing at target location knocking back foes in a large area. Time spent airborne and distance of knock back increases the further ___ threw the beads.

SephirothWontDie

02-01-2013

my first time entering, but it sounds like a lot of fun. here I go.

Name: Rystra, the Veridian Blaze

Theme: Roses are Red(Romantic)

Lore:

Rystra, a woman with but one hope: to catch the eye of the love of her life. She knew that he must be hers, ever since that day she met him, though she wishes that they had met on better circumstances. She remembers the day vividly, as if it happened moments ago. It was a dangerous, yet beautiful night. She received a letter the previous day, asking for her to meet him. She was ecstatic, she could not wait for tomorrow. The name on the note called the man Wren.
It was a dark day, cloudy and raining. Rystra thought of it as an omen, but she stubbornly fought through the storm so she could meet this mystery man. As she approached the destination, she realized that she must be early. And so, she waited. And she waited.
Finally, she heard footsteps and became jittery, unable to stay still. When she saw the figure, it was not what she expected. She called out to the figure, asking it's name. Almost in an instant, the figure closed in on her, whispering in her ear, "I am that which you should dread." As she screamed out, she suddenly felt unburdened once more. She looked behind her and a man began wrestling the figure. As they exchanged blows, she became worried. She could not tell who was who, for it was too dark. One became the victor, but ran away with a limp.
She looked to the figure on the ground, and saw he was bleeding. As she kneeled down, she began to feel her temperature increase. The man held his wound as she asked his name. "Wren," he replied, "I was hoping to see you face to face." His breathing became more struggled. "Hush," she told him, "everything will be fine." She placed her hand over his wound to stop the bleeding and began to shed tears. Then, she felt her temperature increase more. Wren screamed and pulled his hands away. She gasped and did the same. But it seemed as though the wound had been cauterized. She looked at her hands and a small green flame had appeared. With this, she hurried him away to give him better treatment.
Years passed as their relationship, and Rystra's reputation, progressed. Rystra was finally visited by a cloaked figure, who had asked for her help. The figure simply stated that her magic could be useful on the fields of battle. As she waved goodbye to Wren, she had begun her journey.

Stats:
Damage: 41.3(+2.65/per level)
Health: 340(+76/per level)
Mana: 255(+42/per level)
Move Speed: 330
Armor: 12(+3.65/per level)
Spell Block: 30(+0/per level)
Health Regen: 6(+.55/per level)
Mana Regen: 3(+.75/per level)

Abilities:

Innate: Hope in the Rain:
As Rystra remembers the day that she met Wren, she empowers her spells. Allies affected by Rystra's spells recover40/80/120/160(+.25)(ranks up at lvls 6, 11, 16) health over 3 seconds.

Q: Cauterize:
Rystra releases hot green flames onto her target, cauterizing their wounds. Target takes 1/2/3/4/5% of current health as magic damage, but regains 13/16/19/22/25(+.03 AP)% of max health as healing over 4 seconds and removes damage over time effects each time it heals.
Cost: 60 Mana
Cooldown: 9 seconds

W: Burning Rage:
Rystra passively hides her emotions, giving her better control of her powers. She heals for an extra 3/6/9/12/15% of the base amount. However, her hidden rage can be concealed for only so long before she becomes angry, causing every allied minions killed to give her a stack of Burning Rage and every allied champion to give her 2/2/3/3/4 stacks of Burning Rage. At 10 stacks, Rystra can activate this ability to become enraged, increasing her ability power by 10/20/30/40/50 and losing her passive bonus until the effect wears off.
Cost: 10 Burning Rage + 40/45/50/55/60 Mana
Cooldown: 12/11/10/9/8 Seconds

E: Radiant Flame:
Rystra shoots a thin bolt of green flames in a line in front of her. Enemies struck take 30/40/50/60/70(+.6 AP) magic damage and the first enemy champion struck radiates an aura that cause other nearby enemy champions to be charmed to them for 1 second. May pass through allies, applying her innate effect.
Cost: 80 Mana
Cooldown: 13 Seconds

R: Veridian Field:
Rystra becomes stubborn beyond belief, refusing to give up for 4 seconds. Upon taking lethal damage, Rystra is reanimated for 4 seconds. During this time, she may cast Cauterize or Radiant Flame and is untargetable. She may also use this ability again to heal an ally for 40/60/80(+.4 AP) each second for 5 seconds. Allies within range are healed for half that amount each second they remain within range. Enemies within range have 50% reduced healing and health regeneration for 1 second each second they remain within range. Using this ends the effect early.
Cost: 120 Mana(Casting Cauterize and Radiant Flame cost normal Mana and casting Veridian Field after death costs nothing)
Cooldown: 120/110/100 Seconds

just added some numbers.

1234511 ... 28