Wht We're ALL Forgetting about New Ranked

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

fleeZy

02-01-2013

...it's governed by nothing more than a cheap skin over a dated system, easily described by these two points in the S3 FAQ:

Quote:
1. "No. Matchmaking isn't affected by your league, and you'll still be competing against all opponents of your skill level in the League of Legends community. Your league measures your progress against a set of opponents of similar skill level, but doesn't restrict competition solely to those players."
Quote:
2. We decided to move to the new league system for a few reasons. For starters, having a single ladder with all ranked players doesn't provide a lot of incentive for advancement. When you're ranked 290,000 and have 289,999 opponents left to pass on the way up, that process can seem meaningless and interminable...
In layman's terms:

We don't have achievements to provide longevity with our current model, so, here's some rose-coloured glasses!

Matchmaking never changed; the queues are exactly the same; these points are just a cover-up for the old ELO system graded by fancy metals rather than big numbers.

-1 respect.

fleeZy

02-01-2013

inb4 "umad" because yes, i'm fairly upset.

KnightxSScarlett

02-01-2013

Their objective wasn't to change ranking overall, it was to change how ranking felt to the players, which I am actually pretty confident this will do.

Taarki

02-01-2013

what they mean is that if you are 290,000th and going up 1 position doesnt mean that much. But when your like 3rd in your league going up 1 spot to 2nd makes you feal really good about yourself.

fleeZy

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mageinta Warrior View Post
Their objective wasn't to change ranking overall, it was to change how ranking felt to the players, which I am actually pretty confident this will do.
that's the issue here. it isn't presented as such. this patch was hype to be lol's "jesus patch" that was to put players where they belong and match them with likeminded, equally skilled individuals.. it's a huge let down imo. all they did was change ELO hell to "bronze"

workthecorners

02-01-2013

what I like about the new system, although it dosnt work that well if you have a troll or a feeder on your team you dont lose as much for the loss. Before the feeder and yourself would lose the same amount of elo i believe. Now i may lose 15 points but he will lose 30 hopefully droping him a league/bracket/thing, so i never have to play him again

fleeZy

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by workthecorners View Post
what I like about the new system, although it dosnt work that well if you have a troll or a feeder on your team you dont lose as much for the loss. Before the feeder and yourself would lose the same amount of elo i believe. Now i may lose 15 points but he will lose 30 hopefully droping him a league/bracket/thing, so i never have to play him again
u can lose close to 2 wins worth of points on a loss. check around the forums, it's happening to many a player

Omniclad

02-01-2013

Honestly my biggest problem with the new system is all the work they put in to change how accomplished people felt among their peers. I mean, I know some people may care about that, but myself and a LOT of people I know don't give a damn about how im ranked again people in Gold ELO?? I just want to get to diamond. Could care less about the rankings of those around me. And like people above me have stated, matchmaking hasn't changed a bit, and there's still leavers, dodgers, trolls, etc

Fluffyknowsyou

02-01-2013

I want the old **** back.

Hidden elo for normals was understandable, lose as much as you want becuase it doesn't matter

Now we have hidden elo for ranked? And I still get paired up with a variety of people instead of people at my level only?

Well **** my god damn league of legends ranked life lol

I hope riot knows this type of stupid **** is why players from different fanbases make fun a pretty good game.

Delete Teemo

02-01-2013

Ranked feels alot more friendly now, you no longer have a number stuck over your head that determines how people treat you, and gives alot more incentives for acheivment. I think riot did just the right thing to make ranked overall better for everyone. So what if they didn't do a complete overhaul, the system is better and you should be happy