Here's how the new ranking system has been so far

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sweeetman2

02-01-2013

Well every game I take a look over on lolking to see how the teams are pairing up against each other, every game my team is roughly 100-150 elo less than their team. As well, it seems my teams are rather, well... not very good? Putting it lightly.. I'm expecting maybe its just a huge clash of kids trying to play right now, its friday, its the new system, season 3, but I'm missing the boat on why the teams are so uneven.

http://postimage.org/image/vd6dj7h1j/full/

Now, it'd be surprising if it was one game, but it has been EVERY game so far, the only game we won was from the other team being 4v5... I continue to click no on surrenders and try and keep the team motivated, but it's really just a **** show, and my teammates are raging at everyone, it really feels like 1200's again and it's supposedly gold division 3? Idk if everyone got tossed around weirdly or what, but it does not seem like this is any way working better, I prefer to jump up and down with elo, I'm just saddened to see this happen. I'm ok with losing, because you can't win them all, but when I feel like I'm not playing with competent people, well.. that's just upsetting, I want to at least play a good game.

I will continue to post in here on my endeavors in this new system, but it really just doesn't look good so far in my eyes, congrats to the people who are loving it though, maybe I'll find a good stride of players soon lol.

Do feel free to post how your games are going I'd like to see how all these divisions are panning out really.

Edit 1: I just won with fiddlesticks mid, but I carried hard, didnt get a photo but my team was average at best, once again... before this I was playing with actually pretty good players in 1600's now I am playing with kids that just aren't very intelligent in the game, back to simple things like map awareness, warding, etc are being a huge problem for these players....

Edit 2: Just lost a game with a Trundle jungle that went 0-1-2 in the first 28 minutes of the game. Had a taric who only warded dragon, nowhere else, and stopped carrying wards after the 18 minute mark, the only wards on the field came from top lane.

Sweeetman2

02-01-2013

added first edit

Sweeetman2

02-01-2013

Edit 2 is up

LUS Montplaisir

02-01-2013

My guess as to why everything seems broken is this:
Random placing. A complete overhaul and reset on the ranked ladders would make everyone have to start from scratch, and climbing/falling would be super easy. Riot said they would be placing people based on their matches, but people who haven't been placed yet are actually pretty common, and the new setup adds a lot of incentive for people to play Ranked, especially people who avoided it in the past. So now we have a bunch of newer players that aren't used to draft picks or competitive play, who are likely just trying to play the game for a few kicks, drunk and/or high, and so we've got a lot of problems with placement matches bringing these newer players to Gold, Silver Tiers instead of starting them in the the middle Bronze levels where they actually should be.
Basically, just try and wait it out. Poor players/trolls will fall through the ranks fairly quickly. I would personally prefer to just avoid ranked matches in general over the next few days, to weed out who belongs where for real. That being said, I'm in Bronze 4, so it can't really get much worse for me and I'd like to move up and out before they fill up with the worst of the newer players ^^"

mendeleyev

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malfury View Post
My guess as to why everything seems broken is this:
Random placing. A complete overhaul and reset on the ranked ladders would make everyone have to start from scratch, and climbing/falling would be super easy. Riot said they would be placing people based on their matches, but people who haven't been placed yet are actually pretty common, and the new setup adds a lot of incentive for people to play Ranked, especially people who avoided it in the past. So now we have a bunch of newer players that aren't used to draft picks or competitive play, who are likely just trying to play the game for a few kicks, drunk and/or high, and so we've got a lot of problems with placement matches bringing these newer players to Gold, Silver Tiers instead of starting them in the the middle Bronze levels where they actually should be.
Basically, just try and wait it out. Poor players/trolls will fall through the ranks fairly quickly. I would personally prefer to just avoid ranked matches in general over the next few days, to weed out who belongs where for real. That being said, I'm in Bronze 4, so it can't really get much worse for me and I'd like to move up and out before they fill up with the worst of the newer players ^^"
Everything said here. I agree.