League won't open, says "PVP.net Patcher Kernel is not responding"

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TehCookieMonster

02-04-2013

I am not saying you are wrong either. Dont downvote me for trying to offer another solution other people may not have tried yet. Yours may not work for them, so I believe they have a right to be able to see other potential fixes as well.

You are not the only one who is right

AsitheRed

02-04-2013

Had this problem tonight. Tried several times to load and reload, but no luck.

Then I looked down at my taskbar at my antivirus (just switched to Webroot) and there was a little lock icon over my Webroot icon. When I moused over it, it said "The foreground window is protected by Identity Shield". I clicked it, the lock went away, LoL immediately opened the PVP.net Patcher and started working normally.

Not saying this will work for everyone, but if you're still having this problem it might be worth a shot to check out your antivirus.

Cooldude1234

02-04-2013

Bump before bed. Still not working. Is there anything I can post to help determine what my problem is? Been about a week...I don't understand how it can go from working fine, to not being able to play.

Cooldude1234

02-05-2013

bump still can't figure it out.

SkyRocket007

02-05-2013

I fixed mine.
What worked for me: Disable UAC

Control panel > Search for UAC > uncheck the box to disable UAC.

Restart your computer.

This is what worked me... hope it can help you!

vw1274

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-07-2013

the same thing happened to me

ShadowSanjimaru

09-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehCookieMonster View Post
Hey Guys,

I had this issue several times... There are tonnes of fixes and each one is supposed to work, but i found the one that DID actually work for me was to change my DNS.

To do this:
Go into your Control Panel
Networking and Sharing Centre
Change Network Adapters
Right click the adapter you are using
Go to Properties
Scroll down to Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)
Hit Properties on that
Select the box (Use the following DNS Servers)
Change numbers to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4
Save the changes

Go to your command prompt (Search cmd)
Type in the following
ipconfig /flushdns
Restart your computer

Reopen LoL as an admin and it should work.

PS You can change the DNS servers back to searching automatically afterwards, it just has to make that connection to get you over the little hiccup. And changing to those DNS servers is completely safe, they are google's public DNS. There are no security risks with this, google it yourself

Hope it helps.
I've tried every fix this thread has, and this one is the one that worked. I'm not kidding either. I've been locked out of league for days and less than a minute after trying this post my league started up. Thank you.

zKeitaChan

02-05-2014

same here!

Givcoffeeplz

02-05-2014

If you are reading this, then in most cases it is simply due to the fact that you weren't willing to open the program and literally sit there and wait for it to do something. really, it might take 2 minutes or it might take 20. run as admin if you want and WAIT. not saying it will work for everybody, but after trying everything else, I simply waited..... for 5 minutes and it finally opened the patcher. when everything is up to date i'll run a repair to make sure things are good to go.

killingspreegus

03-12-2014

Hello guys I have a problem opening league of legends soon as I open it it says that the league of legends kernel or something isn't running restart this client and I try to but it doesn't let me Please help!