League won't open, says "PVP.net Patcher Kernel is not responding"

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tanbai

02-01-2013

I'm running a Windows Vista '08 64 bit model, never had a problem with Riot before now.

Currently, I've tried almost everything. Here's a list:

• Go into RADs and delete one of the files, then restart
  • Restarted computer three times
  • Run as admin
  • Tried to use the Task Manager to delete the only LoL process in there (something about rad)
  • Left the logo on screen for several minutes

Pertaining to the issue, it comes up like normal, running as an admin or not, but then freezes and has a black box around the logo. it stays on top of everything else I try to do and it doesn't pop up as an icon at the bottom. It just sits there, frozen, until it decides to tell me that the patch kernel isn't responding or I close it manually. If I hover my cursor over it, it changes from the standard pointer to the blue loading circle that vista has.

Everything else is something I've seen that doesn't help this issue so far. I've had a tough week and I was really looking forward to playing tonight to relieve some stress. I want to get my butt to 30 so I can start working on my ELO.

Thank you for any help or insight anyone may give in this thread c:

Mephistofeles666

02-01-2013

Same here. Lets see if some red or yellow can help us. Given that there is a lot of people with the same problem, is probably server fault.

MarineRevenge

02-01-2013

same issue

Rinyuu

02-01-2013

You get this issue, then a weird bug in the client appears. You get the patcher open, then you are hit with a patch WHILE the server is undefined. There is another topic talking about this as well.

I got this as well, before I got what i talked about above

AvgNinJoe

Recruiter

02-01-2013

Same problem here.

Focusedi

02-01-2013

Same here.

PabloKamikaze

02-01-2013

same here

xStriker1126x

02-01-2013

I just had the same problem! I played about 4 games fine until I tried to browse the store to purchase something cool with my hard earned riot points until it told me to restart the client which I happily did. Then when I tried to launch again, it would give me errors about pvp patch kernel something or other and I've tried some of the fixes I found while googling it to no avail. I need help!

Glari

02-01-2013

SAME problem HERE. Can t make it work.

Glari

02-01-2013

Same Problem here. Can t make it work...