My League exited and patched during a ranked game

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Memmles

Recruiter

02-01-2013

I was in a ranked game, playing my favorite champion, Taric, when all of a sudden, as i tried to change my smartcast settings, about five minutes into a game, my League of Legends Client crashed, and when I tried to start the client and get back into the game, the game started patching, even though I had patched a few hours prior to this game, and even played two full games before this happened. And to add to all of this, when it started patching again for the second time, it patched everything, as if it were installing League for the first time. Im shocked and confused about this, and I'm left with nothing but a scar in my online rank, and a leave on my profile. I only ask for the community to support me in helping Riot see this, so that Riot can prevent future incidents of this nature from occurring. Also some compensation would be nice. I wouldn't wish something like this to happen to anyone else, and I hope you all agree with me.

Amaroq

02-01-2013

It has happened to a lot of people. RIOT should be aware of this issue and be working to fix it as we speak.

seww

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZephyrWestWind View Post
It has happened to a lot of people. RIOT should be aware of this issue and be working to fix it as we speak.
Don't hold your breathe

TheBennyLava

02-01-2013

If there was the Sion who was supposed to be top that never connected, I'm really sorry. That was me and for whatever reason my client crashed then tried to patch when I restarted my computer to try to reconnect. It's now frozen and won't work at all. I just sent this message to Riot as a support ticket:
"Hello. I went to play a ranked game, and in champion select, I went to pick and it lagged saying retrieving data from server. Last second before lock in, it selected my champion (what a relief). Then, as it goes to loading screen, it bugsplats and crashes the game. I try to reconnect, but no luck. Tell my friend on skype I'll restart computer. I do, try to load up and it won't go past the initial league splash art for client. I restart my computer again, as well as my internet connection and router. I try again, but still stuck on splash art. I decide to wait, and after ~10 minutes, it says it has to patch. Now, around 10 minutes later it is still patching and stuck once again. The game is over, my team lost because I could never reconnect (and apparently our vi had connection trouble to start) and my friend went down in the new rank system. All because of a bugsplat. Please help me to:
a) resolve this error
b) not get a leaver tag (because there was nothing I could do about not being in the game)
c) give my team a loss forgiven or at least no rank change because of the loss.

I hear about this problem a lot, but never had it happen to me before. I can honestly say it's one of the most frustrating things I have ever experienced. "

POOPTRUCK420

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZephyrWestWind View Post
The only way they can "fix" it is be refunding people's losses and pardoning the reports which they won't do... they've just ****ed soo many people over..

DarlianSantander

02-01-2013

Same here !!! Wired lag

Memmles

Recruiter

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread Me View Post
this just happened to me... so sad was on skype with my duo partner and could do nothing to help because i was patching. GG points
Exact same situation with my duo partner and I :c

Dread Me

02-01-2013

The same problem happened to me except my client crashed right at the start of the loading screen, great way to start the season this seems like a pretty significant problem wasting my internet data too..

Catakinetic

02-01-2013

I know of like 20 people this has happened too. Their client crashes and when they try to reconnect, the game starts to patch. Needs an immediate fix. Compensation would most definitely be appropriate as well as a pardon from the ranked game.

ForbidenNinja

02-01-2013

Yea, during the loading screen my client randomly closed and wouldn't reopen, i had to log off my user and log back on to come back to yet another update, I got impatient so i exited out of that too and now it says the server is unavailable.