New Zhonya's Build - Early?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TeamShades

02-01-2013

So obviously a big change for AP laners is the new Zhonya's Hourglass. With the new build, you can be a bit more versatile in your setup, but is it worth the cost?

I am an avid Vlad top laner and am wondering if rushing the Seeker's Armguard after Hextech/Giant's Belt would be a good idea. Usually I don't build zhonya's till 5-6th item, but I suppose early armour would only benefit me right?

Just wondering if the 20AP and new build is worth the extra 310 gold...

Ewberton

02-01-2013

I personally think it'd be a good item to have early on. I play Kennen mid and I think it's gonna be a great item. It's on hit-gain really makes you think about emphasizing last hitting instead of strictly harassing. And 20 AP for 310 is pretty decent, an Amplifying Tome is 435 for the same amount, so~

But it's not like you have to build Zhonya's right after you do your first items, you can just keep it [It being arm-guard] for awhile, like when you play an ADC you might buy Sheen and keep it for 5-10 minutes before actually buying the other components for Trinity Force.

TeamShades

02-01-2013

Yeah Kennen will like it too. I'm just not sure at what time to build on Vlad, during laning phase or just build entire thing late.