Fighting premades more unfun than Kassadin spam.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mayuyu

02-02-2013

http://imgur.com/MkNes

Never forget

Fruden999

02-02-2013

There's only a handful of scary high level premades, and they need to get matched sometime, until and unless we get more players that means you're playing them if you're playing at the same time. An effective solution is to take a 1h break after 1 game vs a big bad premade if you wanna make sure not to get rematched.

As far as I know that's the only practical solution to this issue at this time.

Happy Lulu

02-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wawix View Post
F5x200

serious edit: I don't see any top dominion players (Sauron, Wawix, DCode) complaning about premades in dominion and its clearly because the best dominion players actually deserve to be matched against those high elo premades due to being better than everyone else! Understand so far? I'll keep going.

Now you are complaning about premades because you, like many other Dominion players, permanently played overpowered champions (in your case, Lulu) thus having an unfair advantage against most players in Blind Pick (only available mode atm) which caused you to win a lot and raised your elo to face the high elo premades (top 4 teams in DD tournaments).

I don't think there is a problem in matchmaking per se, the problem with the current matchmaking is that it doesn't take into account that a bunch of players play like superass**** but spammed ops to get to a certain W/L ratio which clearly isn't the one where they would be if Dominion had ranked.

I got nothing against you, but its only your fault that you are getting matched up against players that are high elo and want to team practice. If only you didn't climb up to high elo playing only Lulu (op) maybe you wouldn't get matched against the best dominion player there is (me).
I don't know where you get off assuming how I ended up where I am, but once upon a time I used to play various amounts of supports switching to a new one almost every match. There was even a while were I brought supports like Soraka, Janna, Taric, Zilean, and Karma to win bottom lane with. I got to relatively high elo just by picking supports and I remember even ending up in a few matches were I saw people like inFeeD and Sauron.

My last match before elo stopped being recorded was me playing Zilean (which unfortunately was a loss) http://lolmatches.com/match/na424400818

But in the end I became very weary of how quite a few members of the community treated me for my choices of champions when my teams lost. I was frequently berated for my pick being considered the weakest link by other players. Sometimes I would get raged at in the lobby with people calling me a ****** because I picked Soraka or something. And this behavior got further compounded when I got to the point in elo where top tier champions like Kassadin and at the time Rammus were business as usual.

Being reported for trolling because I picked Zilean or being told that I should kill myself because I picked Taric sucked the life out of this game for me. Once Lulu came out I never looked back. Even these days on the rare occasion where I decide to do something different and pick Zilean the first thing I see in pregame lobby is a player locking smite CV tryndamere and saying "gg noob picked clock".

Bma

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-02-2013

I think it's incredibly silly, if calvin and stuff actually played solo q, they'd enjoy considerably less success and would probably lose to you on a more even basis. Talking about skill is really stupid imo, when everyone's definition of it skewers based on 'oh, that guy's not that good, he only spams X' or 'those guys only premade' or whatever. It's also beyond stupid for their premade to complain about you playing Lulu, a tier 1 champion, when they run tier 1 top laners and cheesecake bott laners all the time. It's basically a joke.

Complaining about premades is silly since matchmaker works on the basis of elo, not win/loss ratio. So I suppose you can argue that matchmaker is a little bit broken if it's supposed to match you to 50/50, and duo/trio/quad queue is making this a little bit off the mark, but that's what happens at high elo, unless u want 10 hour queues.

Basing people's skill off how they abuse Solo Q is dumb. I would base people's skills based on how they actually play. When halfhearted randomly goes in and talks about how my skill should be inferior to other Dominion Players because I play Kassadin/Khazix a lot, he has no idea what he's talking about. There's no real basis to claim that I'd be worse than him, or any of his friends. I probably play Khazix better than 99% of the Dominion Player base, so on what basis can he claim that I'm worse than him at the game?

ShawNuff

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillcoldcoolaid View Post
Because I'm constantly getting matched against SifuCalvin and his team and I know they use voice communication.

I'm left at a significant disadvantage when it comes to communication since I have limited control of my hands and need to look at my keyboard to type.
Its been a while since I played with him, but last time, we definitely didn't use voice chat.

Premade vs pub in high elo normals is one of the edge cases Riot really hasn't figured out how to deal with. There was a post of RoG about something like this in SR as well. MMR gain/loss is pretty much fair, but the frustration of having an expected winrate of ~10% really rustles people's jimmys.

DiscworldDeath

02-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miyuki View Post

After seeing the above, the following looks like parody:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuCalvin View Post
You are playing amongst some of the world's brightest dominion players, and whether you really belong among us depends whether you really believe that matchmaking/premades is the problem rather than your own skill as a player.
Premades here are less likely to play OPs than the OP-spammers, which is one of the reason people here premade.

HaIfhearted

02-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscworldDeath View Post
Premades here are less likely to play OPs than the OP-spammers, which is one of the reason people here premade.
Something like this.

Premading is a lot of fun with voice chat, I would honestly rather play Annie or Twitch than any of the ops, and premading also helps protect against the massive derpage and op spam that exists in solo queue due to people being waaaay out of their league.