Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Fighting premades more unfun than Kassadin spam.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheLittlestLulu

02-01-2013

Quote:
Wawix:
If you don't like getting matched against high elo premades, don't spam ops to get to high elo and you will have the required skill to face them. Pretty simple, huh?

No it's not pretty simple at all. The fact that you even think that personal skill trumps the strong cooperation of an arranged team really shows how little you understand about the problem with premades ending up against pure pub teams.

Bma

02-01-2013

Personally I don't have any problems with the seafood premade if I'm playing Kassadin or Khazix on my main and they didn't pick them, so wawix makes a good point.

On the other hand, I don't expect to win if they decide to go all out with tier 1s and cheesecakes. That's life.

MyDeadGrandma

02-01-2013

why is it called the 'seafood' premade?

HaIfhearted

02-01-2013

Quote:
MyDeadGrandma:
why is called the 'seafood' premade?

Play on SifuCalvin's name.

Quote:
Bma:
Personally I don't have any problems with the seafood premade if I'm playing Kassadin or Khazix on my main and they didn't pick them, so wawix makes a good point.

On the other hand, I don't expect to win if they decide to go all out with tier 1s and cheesecakes. That's life.

Have you ever considered the possibility that high-tier premades break out the ops because they get tired of losing to op spammers like yourself?
Its a 2-way street, but they have the skill advantage.

Honestly, I wouldn't have any problems fighting against premades if I could be guaranteed reasonable teamates, but there are too derps running around in high elo who don't actually have the skills to get there on their own thanks to the power of op spam, and it is thanks to these derps that I rarely solo queue anymore.

I might not be an amazing god-tier player like inFe eD or Sauron, but I can at least hold my own against those super-strong players.
A lot of the players I get matched with nowadays can't even do *that* if they aren't on an op.

TheLittlestLulu

02-01-2013

Quote:
Bma:

Well I don't pick Kassadin or Khazix. I pick Lulu, which while she's one of the most powerful supports in the game she is not team carrying material since as a support she relies on her team to utilize her kit. And even if I picked Kassadin teamwork generally defines the outcome of a game more than cheese will. I have seen plenty of Kassadins lose because their team either got caught in jungle often or bashed their heads into the captured top point for eternity.

Also this is kind of a contradictory point since Wawix is telling me to not pick OP champions and you are telling me to pick them. :/

BuddhaRice

02-01-2013

Quote:
HaIfhearted:
I ono, I think the reason people like to premade is due, at least in part, to the prevalence of OP spam and mass derps in solo q.

The irony is strong with this one

Bma

02-01-2013

Quote:
BuddhaRice:

'Don't play Ops' he said, 'They're my bros' he said.

HaIfhearted

02-01-2013

Quote:
BuddhaRice:

I believe the person you're looking for is Pancakes, not myself.
I gave you fair warning in advance.

And if you're mad at us premading, why aren't we allowed to practice together as a team?

Quote:
Bma:
'Don't play Ops' he said, 'They're my bros' he said.

The difference between us is that when op spammers like yourself fill an entire team, while you might beat strong premades who aren't using much in the way of ops, it'll be a somewhat close game, like 150/200-0.

But when those premades break out the ops, the game tends to end something like 400-0.

Why don't you try playing non-ops for a change? At the very least you'll lose enough elo to not get matched against Sifu's group anymore.

Bma

02-01-2013

Quote:
HaIfhearted:
Play on SifuCalvin's name.

Have you ever considered the possibility that high-tier premades break out the ops because they get tired of losing to op spammers like yourself?
Its a 2-way street, but they have the skill advantage.

Honestly, I wouldn't have any problems fighting against premades if I could be guaranteed reasonable teamates, but there are too derps running around in high elo who don't actually have the skills to get there on their own thanks to the power of op spam, and it is thanks to these derps that I rarely solo queue anymore.

I might not be an amazing god-tier player like inFe eD or Sauron, but I can at least hold my own against those super-strong players.
A lot of the players I get matched with nowadays can't even do *that* if they aren't on an op.

Hey man, that's pretty insulting, how do you figure they have a skill advantage on me? l0l

Bma

02-01-2013

Quote:
HaIfhearted:
The difference between us is that when op spammers like yourself fill an entire team, while you might beat strong premades who aren't using much in the way of ops, it'll be a somewhat close game, like 150/200-0.

But when those premades break out the ops, the game tends to end something like 400-0.

Why don't you try playing non-ops for a change? At the very least you'll lose enough elo to not get matched against Sifu's group anymore.

Wait wait wait wait.

So you're saying that Premades playing OPs on Voice Communication will beat a team of Solo Queuers playing OPs not on Voice communication!?

You have truly opened my eyes.

PS, the game u won 400-0, u were running a sickening team comp + OPs while premade while we had literally 0 ops on our team because Buddha told us not to play OPs and we all believed him. You didn't even have to try that game on the basis of how ridiculously stacked it was. Hopefully you aren't talking about that game.

Hilariously, I will rarely get matched up vs Calvin's premade when playing on my main, which I find funny because you're trying to suggest I should tank my elo to avoid playing them, when it would probably pair me against them more often. I get matched up against them considerably more often on my smurf where I rarely play OPs (0 games of Kassadin/Khazix played.

Talking about Premades vs Solo Q is also pretty stupid in general if you're trying to correlate my skill in any way when you don't have any real evidence on my elo in Solo Q. I could potentially get matched with bad players, and they wouldn't be any real indication of my ability in the game.

Oh, but if you diiiid know my hidden elo somehow, I would do quiiiite a lot to uncover that information.

And lastly, Dominion games are supposed to be close in Solo Q, cause u know, people aren't as co-ordinated in Solo Q and it only takes one mistake for a premade to capitilise. Furthermore, Khazix/Kassadin aren't really that level of OP until lvl 11 usually, so this type of score seems pretty reasonable if your team is doing badly, then suddenly you reach this power level where you can start one-handedly carrying the team depending on the situation.

And do you realise how illogical it is for you to claim that you should be winning games where a full premade runs a team comp + ops? The whole concept is that your hidden elo is lower because you don't play OPs, so matchmaker underrates the strength of your premade. If you suddenly play OPs, I wonder what would theoretically happen (this is the same logic as when you go from playing a champion you're really good at and then play a champion that you've never played in your life. You are going to do badly, most likely. eg, the infamous 'OP only' spammers transitoning to tier2/3 champs) . Realistically you're comparing apples to a fruit from a different galaxy that you have very little information about.