Leavers in Ranked

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SF Kotenus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-01-2013

Who else thinks it's retarded that if somebody leaves a game, ESPECIALLY IN RANKED, that the team who had the leaver, still gets a loss. Not to mention that there are so many trolls in ranked. Reporting them only makes THAT person go away, it doesn't prevent the issue of losing points/dropping in your division.

hopelessmelon

02-02-2013

it does seem very unfair to me that wins/losses are given to players who had leavers. however it's hard to determine whether or not the leaver actually made a difference in the game. if your adc quits 10 minutes in, the other team is basically guaranteed a win. but if someone quits when the other team is at your nexus, it wouldn't really matter whether or not they were there. if quitting causes the game to be void, you'd have people leaving the game right before they lost to deny the other team the win they deserved.

RokkEmSokkEm

02-02-2013

I'm sorry, but the current status quo is completely unacceptable. Of 5 games played today, 3 had a leaver (and, of course, I lost all 3 of those games). I absolutely demand that this be fixed, because the notion that this is a 'competitive' scene becomes a joke when things are this bad.

DOTA 2 has an easy fix for this: 5 minutes after someone goes AFK, you can leave the game without it counting as a loss. 100 percent effective and fair. Why can't Riot do this? Does Riot think that 4v5 is legit? Are they too incompetent to add such a basic feature?

Haldirma

02-07-2013

Yeah just happened, our Jungle (warwick) decided it was gg when team had like 1 death each. I'm sure we could've came back form that.

Xaqiii

02-08-2013

it happened to me too and its so frustrating. How cant Riot do something?

Tencent Holding

02-08-2013

I completely agree, i think that people who leave within the first 10-15 minutes of a ranked game for whatever reason, they should be banned for a day no questions asked. if you have bad internet or need to leave shortly. you shouldn't be playing ranked. i've had 6 leavers in my qualifier games and have lost 3 time promotions because of them. im tired of it.

RaptorJesusss

02-08-2013

Riot pretends the problem doesn't exist, so they ignore it. They could care less about your points. Which is disgusting. I had 3 out of 4 games have a leaver or a constant dc'er