Update Freeze

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bramble Berry

02-01-2013

While my patcher loads the new update it started freezing at 99% and now stops at util.ddl, I think that's what it was called, at 33% and won't go further. I currently have repair running but that'll take forever, if it does work. Any suggestions? I've never had any problems like this for patches.

EDIT: I just checked on the patcher and it had gotten out of the repair mode without me doing anything, and still froze at the same place, so it does seem like Repair doesn't do anything either.

MidniteSteve

02-01-2013

Been dealing with this for the past 6 hours. repaired. uninstalled, reinstalled, ran as admin, shut down and boxed off my AV to not interfere, disabled peer to peer... Im not sure what else to try.

Lucid1llusion

02-01-2013

Having the same issues. checked all the stickied topics as well. not finding any help. If anyone has some info, it would be much appreciated.

MidniteSteve

02-01-2013

after the latest repair with my AV off it gave me a different error, restarted and now Im sitting at 81% with 390MB to go.. well, It seems to be a step forward. also make sure LoL.exe is allowed through your firewall

Bramble Berry

02-01-2013

I don't think stopping anywhere is much progress, cause you're still stuck with the same results, and I've gone down from 99% to 33% myself. My firewall isn't the problem, so I feel like it's the update itself maybe.

MidniteSteve

02-01-2013

Not stopped, just taking awhile. when it drops you to 33, does your time remaining go from 0:00 to negitive numbers?

Edit: well hell, At 33. Still downloading though, about 320MB to go. did you let it get to 0?

Bramble Berry

02-01-2013

It would bring up an error page that asked if I wanted to send "logs", or continue, and nothing happen or change despite what I clicked. After that the timer would be gone and it'd just be stuck at where it was when the message came up.

MidniteSteve

02-01-2013

Fixed for me. run the repair with your AV off then redownload the patch. it will sit at 33%, but just leave it till it's done.

Bramble Berry

02-01-2013

Ok, thanks. I'll give it a shot.

Bramble Berry

02-01-2013

That's still not working. I uninstalled and reinstalled it and it just keeps starting at 33% and stopping the moment it hits util.ddl. I'm really frustrated, if someone could help I'd really appreciate it.