Starting Ranked

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DrainoSlushie

02-01-2013

I've played well over 300 normal 5v5 games, and it's very mixed results: I decided to write down only the Wins of normal games, and found that in my 200 wins, I am matched with players with 400+ wins besides the occasional 70 wins or so. I have learned nothing, no one will help me learn, Mobafire is a Troll site with fake profiles just to create troll builds so players that read them will fail. I have decided to do what I always do to fully learn a game. Turn the Difficulty to MAX, and only play Ranked Games. I figured thats the only way to get good. What is your opinion? And please, if you read don't skip over, I honestly want your opinion and don't just say "you noob"

periperichicken

02-01-2013

intermediate bots....

Ramachese

02-01-2013

Playing ranked games when you really don't know what you are doing is not a good idea. At its core it is unfair to the other players on your team.

While there are some bad guides on MobaFire most of them do provide you a good starting point. If it is a bad guide the comments section will generally indicate as much. Also try looking at the new guides on LolKing.

Playing bots is a good way to get the basics of your character down (intermediate not beginner) then from there do normal blind games and finally normal draft. If takes time to learn this game - there is simply no shortcut.

YoungGoN4v5

02-01-2013

Mobafire is a joke because the accounts of 0 accountability. Lolking's guides are tied to your account and thus you can actually look at the tier level of the idea being proposed. I help out a lot of players trying to get better and if you need help and are Serious -it is a hard commitment requiring much anguish and dedication to improve- about it I am sure we can get you where you want to be. Additionally, spend about a 5:1 ratio of time actively watching pro streams. This means you aren't doing it for entertainment but to actually gain tricks. Notice where and when they stand, how they play, what causes them to react. These things and more will make you better.

Leaf of the lake

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moridin the Hurt View Post
Additionally, spend about a 5:1 ratio of time actively watching pro streams. This means you aren't doing it for entertainment but to actually gain tricks. Notice where and when they stand, how they play, what causes them to react. These things and more will make you better.
I can definitely second this. Having played my share of competitive games, I can testify that watching pro play will make you better. It's one of the best ways to learn - not just league, but any game. Find good players of the character(s) you're trying to learn, and watch what they do. See their successes and their failures, and try to figure out why what they did worked or didn't work; you'll see the game in a very different light from what you're used to.

Sometimes, even if you don't realize it, watching pro play will help you better learn how to deal with various situations. You might see an opening you otherwise wouldn't have noticed was there, or you might find yourself developing better spacing habits just based on what you observed. The better you get at the game, the easier it will become to actively notice what pro players do, and that is the point when you will begin to really accelerate your growth.

KonkuruAllTheWay

02-01-2013

http://www.solomid.net/guides.php?ch...d=1&featured=1 Personally those are some guides I use, and the only guides I would trust. I've never really ran into trouble with them starting out with new champs.