Unable to Connect to Ranked Match, Forced Re-Patch?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FrozenIndustry

02-01-2013

Hey, Riot, I just recently attempted to start a Ranked game, looking forward to climbing the new League System. Champion Select had ended, and the game was about to go to the match loading screen. However, the League client crashed before I could connect, and I figured it was a simple error, I'd just reconnect to the match without much time loss. However, as soon as I did, the game forced me to start re-installing the patch that I had already downloaded, perpetually stuck at either 0% complete or 33% complete. As it checked for client differences, it would sometimes even give me a negative amount of time remaining.

I'm simply letting the program run for now, as I'm sure it'll fix itself in time, but will I and my teammates still be penalized with an LP loss should I not be able to reconnect to the match in time?

CrydeL

02-01-2013

I'm having the exact same problem this is a problem damnit roit

ShadowedSun

Recruiter

02-01-2013

I, too, am having the same error.
Earlier today, I updated for Season 3. After several games, I started a game with friends/bots on Twisted Treeline. When I slowly loaded to 100%, my game crashed. Reopened, and it opened to an updating page. I uninstalled and reinstalled after trying again to fix it; same thing is happening.
I will now just let it run, while stuck at 33% complete, 0% of Step 2/2 (after it already went through a big chunk). There is negative time left, which flashes between that and 0:00.