Hiring Game Designers, Lead Designers, Design Director, and of course Interns

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ryios

02-05-2013

Can't wait for the day to come when a big name game company opens up shop in the DC metro Area... I'm close to the capital of the nation, yet all the good game jobs are out west, sucks.

Frosty Narwhal

02-05-2013

I'm confused. I'm accepted into University this fall for a major in Physics.
Does this mean I'm not qualified for an internship?

Edit: .. What are the chances of getting a response this far into the thread? .. ;~;

XxxLumberJackxxX

02-05-2013

oOOooooo
I'm about to be offered a sweet job in miami, but I'm itching to apply for this one:
http://www.riotgames.com/careers/event-manager

I'd love to do your events. I think my experience is more technical and less.... Mmm Producer than you seem to want though.

ArtemusD

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydratical View Post
I'm confused. I'm accepted into University this fall for a major in Physics.
Does this mean I'm not qualified for an internship?

Edit: .. What are the chances of getting a response this far into the thread? .. ;~;
Zileas was responding just minutes before my first post two or three pages back. Odds are things got busy. I'd look into one tomorrow, or late tonight. I'll have this thread open by then in case of need for bumps. Hopefully we can get more Rioters in on this. While I know it was made for Design Directors, us interns could use feedback for the other disciplines.

As for your actual post, I'm not quite sure. It might be undergrad by degree.

CallMeBatman

02-05-2013

I am a 17 year sophmore living in northern South Carolina and i am willing to move cross country fora great career like this one. I am currently taking classes in Image Editing and networking. After I graduate high school i plan on going to Living Arts College and majoring in Animation and Game Desingn. If Riot is still around, and i am 100% POSITIVE that you guys will be, I plan on submitting an application, or even interning before i graduate. I log several hours a week on Leauge and notice many things about the game that i would love to see improved; one thing i would like to see is the animation for Cho'Gath's W (Feral Scream). So with this said, I love Riot and plan on making a career with you guys. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!

xCezium

02-05-2013

With the application due date on March 15, would it be better to apply earlier to increase your chances of getting a place for the summer? Or do you just accept as many qualified candidates as you receive?

Ferr3t

02-05-2013

I'll be applying for the internship. I guess I'll have to hope my cover letter and application make up for my depressingly sparse resume.

ArtemusD

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by xCezium View Post
With the application due date on March 15, would it be better to apply earlier to increase your chances of getting a place for the summer? Or do you just accept as many qualified candidates as you receive?
It'd be safe to apply as early as you can. Be that as the case, I assume they accept all qualified applications

Syndras Balls

02-06-2013

Zileas - I am about to finish my first year, but I came in with enough credits that my college considers me a junior. does this count for me or against me?

sling14

02-06-2013

Can i apply for Yegg's job? since just about any1 could do it better :P