Hiring Game Designers, Lead Designers, Design Director, and of course Interns

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Real Stronk

02-04-2013

How much weight does relocation carry in your evaluation of candidates? Would you take a slightly weaker fit because they are local?

What should someone without previous experience in game design do in order to prepare and pursue game design opportunities?

What do you believe is the single most important trait for someone to possess working in game design?

Is supporting the retroactive removal of a certain armored bear a desirable quality?

Ark Angel HFB

02-04-2013

Something I was wondering but I made gold last season, I think it was about 1630-ish. However, haven't played any ranked this season. Is my Elo from last season still relevant?

xSunandmoonx

02-04-2013

I'm going to graduate this May, should I go ahead and apply now or wait until I'm closer to graduation, around March or April?

Bolby

02-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by xSunandmoonx View Post
I'm going to graduate this May, should I go ahead and apply now or wait until I'm closer to graduation, around March or April?
Regardless of what industry you are in, you apply for jobs before you graduate. You take into account that it takes time to process applications and paperwork. And beyond the fact most employers will have a prospect graduation date. I applied for jobs during the beginning of my final semester. You are ENCOURAGED to do so.

Brownikissed

02-04-2013

when will you have east coast riot office

LulzSec

02-04-2013

any internships for security analysts?

Ra1lgun

02-04-2013

Hey Zileas, I'm in my last couple semesters at a top university studying a non-game related degree. However, I have CAL-Main experience, follow e-sports regularly, and play at a plat level in league. Are these the kind of qualifications you're looking for at the e-sport intern position? Or should I look to apply at a different department?

Adeksa

02-04-2013

I applied for the eSport position because I find eSports very compelling and interesting to watch, and I think it has a ton of potential for the promotion of League as a brand and a culture. I have a lot of real-world advertising experience working on projects for companies such as Intel, Kisstixx, and Adobe. Furthermore, I was part of a team that made and sold the world's longest doughnut for charity. Is that cool enough to get me looked at?
I applied for the Communications Intern as well because I believe I have the experience, but I am unfortunately not a grad student. Do I even have a chance of being looked at for that internship if I have enough cool experience, or is it completely hard-locked to only grad students and none else?

TheAngelOfChaos

02-04-2013

Question! It says to post your highest Elo rank. I don't play ranked and thus my answer would be N/A. Is that a deal breaker? I like playing League and while I'm decent I never felt the urge to tackle ranked.

Riot Wittrock

QA Analyst

02-05-2013

Why is the game design internship page still have this weird sentence continuity error? I dont know where else to point this out, but the first paragraph under the heading Intern with "Riot's Game Design Team:" is cut off, and interjected with the rest of a normal paragraph. Basically, when someone copied and pasted this paragraph that's repeated in the "To Apply:" section, they stuck it in the wrong place, with the phrase League of Legends appearing at the end, instead of in the sentence it should be in.

Riot, plz fix