Hiring Game Designers, Lead Designers, Design Director, and of course Interns

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yo Mango

02-04-2013

I'm accounting major on my last semester, what kinds of intern can I apply for?

IS1d413e2874b65a94708e7

02-04-2013

Are you hiring professional yoloswaggers?

I need to know roit plz.

P0rkchop Express

02-04-2013

Its unfortunate that you guys are in one of the few states that are worse in taxes than mine currently, or Id send a resume.

You guys also never seem to have opening for Network Architects/Engineers. Thats a bummer.

Atreiyu

02-04-2013

WHYY is there no Riot HQ in Canada.... I just want to cry

Bolby

02-04-2013

Your balance team should start hiring. *cough cough*

Indespectus

02-04-2013

Please be more specific. "Spectacular" needs more information. As far as I know, anything can be spectacular in a subjective field like arts.

Super Explosion

02-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indespectus View Post
Please be more specific. "Spectacular" needs more information. As far as I know, anything can be spectacular in a subjective field like arts.
Actually, there's particular quantifiable metrics to making a game that humans may tend to enjoy.

And potentially, making something that people have enjoyed is a reasonable display of that.

(As an example, "Pooperscooper, the Puppy Caretaker" would likely not be the most widely appealing champion.)

SticklerMac

02-04-2013

Hi Zileas,

I'm currently working on my final semester of my Associates in Game Development degree. Upon graduation I will have also earned a certificate of game programming and a certificate in game narrative in addition to my Associates. This Game Development degree covers topics from coding to art, and everything in between. I have a well rounded video game production education and I am currently working on a portfolio website to showcase my work so far and my abilities. My life is for video games, they have been my biggest passion ever since I was a very small child. I have absolutely zero professional experience in the video game industry though, my experience so far is purely academic.

So the question is; will this qualify me for anything over there at Riot? If so, which position do you think would be most suitable for someone with my education and interests? I am especially interested in programming and general game design.

1nc0nc13vabl3

02-04-2013

Fudge >.> all of a sudden I wish I hadn't been music industry/business.

Seda the Balance

02-04-2013

Arg. And here I was, wanting to get the job. 'Tis unfortunate that I'm 19 and still in college.