Hiring Game Designers, Lead Designers, Design Director, and of course Interns

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CaptainMårvelous

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zileas View Post
We want interns to do useful things that make the game better. We do not like to do 'make work'. It is entirely possible to have a very serious writing job on the creative development team, or you could do play balance or champion design or systems design. It really depends upon what you are capable of.

- Zileas
Huh, thanks Zileas. I may actually apply...though it'll be when I swap majors to literary/journalism.

Can you imagine forums, can you? Overprotective Dad Shen, Diana get in the car references...Shogun Megazord.

Darkautumn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-01-2013

No visas for interns means I cant apply for my dream internship: International Operations

Treeke

02-01-2013

Zileas would you marry me? Im a man.

Ps im serious

TheRiddum

02-01-2013

Can i just pretend i work there..go get you guys coffee and ****, you can show me cool skins and stuff maybe give me an rp card every once in a while

WhiteHotJoy

02-01-2013

Here I hoped you'd be hiring skin artists and interns.

LightEntite

02-01-2013

Quote:
Hi All,

As usual, the design team is still hiring. You can find our list of positions on our careers page at:
http://www.riotgames.com/careers

We are reviewing internship applications over the next few weeks for Game Design, and you can find out about that here:
http://www.riotgames.com/careers/game-design-intern

We recently also posted a game design director position for League of Legends. This is a really attractive for the right candidate. No, I'm not firing myself, but I am hiring a design director:
http://www.riotgames.com/careers/design-director

I can answer some general questions about what we are looking for on this thread. As always, we like exceptional people who love games and have a passion to improve league of legends. Our hiring site can answer a lot of questions, but if there are any design specific ones, I may be able to answer them here.

- Zileas

What do your qualifications specifically need to be?

What do you guys look for in character designs? Strictly artsy elements or does a bit of game design + art design help?

Enterti

02-01-2013

Quote:
I was promoted to Vice President of Trolling and Pithy Replies. I have to do those things instead now. I also help out on other things.
You have been lax in those duties recently I feel. Gotta step it up sir.

MathBastos

02-01-2013

Zileas, do you know if it will have intership available for the Riot Team at S„o Paulo or only at Santa Monica?

Zileas

VP of Game Design

02-01-2013
6 of 57 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightEntite View Post
What do your qualifications specifically need to be?

What do you guys look for in character designs? Strictly artsy elements or does a bit of game design + art design help?
It's all on the site. And game design is not about art design, if you are a capable artist, look at the concept artist position.

TheEnygma

02-01-2013

sadly I'm in canada so that would be a huuuuuge relocation...unless I can do work from here :P