Hiring Game Designers, Lead Designers, Design Director, and of course Interns

First Riot Post
12345612 ... 42
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PeekingOnYou

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zileas View Post
downvote nao for wasting first post

DOWNVOTE NAO COMMUNITY!
Inc 100 downvotes

CaptainMĂ„rvelous

02-01-2013

So to be a design intern that requires...uh. It's kinda vague as to what SPECIFICALLY a design intern would do. Write champion backstories/quotes? Pitch ideas? Name items? Do math? I'm guessing it's mostly looking for GAME game design and less content design. Aye?

12fingerJIM

02-01-2013

Quote:
I was promoted to Vice President of Trolling and Pithy Replies. I have to do those things instead now. I also help out on other things.
If that is what your title reads, word for word, you will be my favorite rioter.

Jushiiro

02-01-2013

Your future IT graduate right here :3

Zileas

VP of Game Design

02-01-2013
4 of 57 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainMćrvelous View Post
So to be a design intern that requires...uh. It's kinda vague as to what SPECIFICALLY a design intern would do. Write champion backstories/quotes? Pitch ideas? Name items? Do math? I'm guessing it's mostly looking for GAME game design and less content design. Aye?
We want interns to do useful things that make the game better. We do not like to do 'make work'. It is entirely possible to have a very serious writing job on the creative development team, or you could do play balance or champion design or systems design. It really depends upon what you are capable of.

- Zileas

Zileas

VP of Game Design

02-01-2013
5 of 57 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12fingerJIM View Post
If that is what your title reads, word for word, you will be my favorite rioter.
Sadly, it's VP of Game Design, but we all know what it REALLY should be, you know?

PVRSE

02-01-2013

how many people intern for one position at once? also, do you know anything about the other internships at your company? Im interested in a few actually, this one and video producing

TheRiddum

02-01-2013

Quick somebody take over morello's job and buff irelia

Dieox

02-01-2013

Unless the yearly salary is at least 35k a year I can't even consider. For some reason my wife and kids like to eat good food. Can't seem to get them on board with the picking through trash so I can buy more RP idea.

12fingerJIM

02-01-2013

Quote:
Sadly, it's VP of Game Design, but we all know what it REALLY should be, you know?
yeah, plus you're already my favorite rioter anyways !

12345612 ... 42