@Yegg, Question about League points and Duo Queue

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

scazzaf

02-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yegg View Post
Difficulty of the match is shared by everyone on the team. For example, if a Bronze, a Gold, and three Silvers were playing against 5 Silvers, and the matchmaker felt that the first team had a 46% chance of winning, then everyone on that first team would get a bit more LP for winning since they're the underdogs. The Bronze player isn't more of an underdog because he's just part of the team and they all win or lose together.

This doesn't come up often in Solo queue because the teams are generally balanced, but with ranked teams occasionally there will be more unbalanced matches and the underdog team could gain a lot of LP for a win.
Just out of my own curiosity, wouldnt a player who plays consistently well (for the sake of the argument, say hes undefeated with 25 wins no losses) wouldnt the system value his team at always having a much larger chance of winning thus penalizing him for playing well?
Or is the system more complicated than that?

YSRS

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by scazzaf View Post
Just out of my own curiosity, wouldnt a player who plays consistently well (for the sake of the argument, say hes undefeated with 25 wins no losses) wouldnt the system value his team at always having a much larger chance of winning thus penalizing him for playing well?
Or is the system more complicated than that?

Just my 2Cents : If theoretically he wins 25 wins in a row with no losses he probably has an MMR of 1500+ or 2k+ and will skip Tiers all the way to gold/plat/diamond depending on his MMR and whatever statistics they use for their system.

FatherD

02-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lethminite View Post
With duo queues, is there anything to stop people duo queuing while they are in a promotion series, and having their partner dodge any time there is a bad match up, thus basically doing what people did when there was no penalty but time to boost their elo, while avoiding the "dodges end your series" system?

Is this intended? is this bannable?
No, but with the current system I think it's sadly a good idea.

FatherD

02-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by YSRS View Post
Just my 2Cents : If theoretically he wins 25 wins in a row with no losses he probably has an MMR of 1500+ or 2k+ and will skip Tiers all the way to gold/plat/diamond depending on his MMR and whatever statistics they use for their system.
I highly doubt this.