@Yegg, Question about League points and Duo Queue

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Breau

02-01-2013

So I just played two Duo Queue games with my friend. We won both games. He ended up gaining 10 LP less than I did.
He is in Silver V, and I am in Silver I. Shouldn't he have gained more LP than me? We both entered the Leagues with over 100 ranked wins in the preseason, which means that placement matches are out of the question.

How does LP work with Duo Queue, and matchmaking in general?

Thanks Yegg.

Breau

02-01-2013

Bump.

Keshaldra

02-01-2013

That's interesting. Maybe it has to do with your hidden MMR? Not sure, really?

Breau

02-02-2013

Yegg, just a quick answer would be amazing. I don't want Duo Queueing to hinder his LP income

Zoar

02-02-2013

I was just about to post a thread asking about how season 3 duo queueing works! I'd definitely like an explanation.

Yaknose

02-02-2013

If his MMR is on the weak side for a silver V, then he won't gain LP very quickly until he's won enough for his MMR to be on the high side for his division, and then he'll start getting LP faster since he'll be a better candidate for promotion. The amount of LP you get has more to do with how your MMR compares to the standard for your division than anything else.

Zoar

02-02-2013

bump

Breau

02-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaknose View Post
If his MMR is on the weak side for a silver V, then he won't gain LP very quickly until he's won enough for his MMR to be on the high side for his division, and then he'll start getting LP faster since he'll be a better candidate for promotion. The amount of LP you get has more to do with how your MMR compares to the standard for your division than anything else.

But since his MMR is low, and he's playing against people on my level, shouldnt he get more LP?

yegg

Ðrk

Recruiter

02-03-2013

Yegg /dodging this thread.

Breau

02-03-2013

Yegg.