Tips on Talon?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheDangler78

02-01-2013

I'm about to buy Talon as a new champ to use. Could someone help me with what I should keep in mind when building, pros, cons, anything else, etc. Thanks guys!

Burntfish44

02-01-2013

in normals youre basically gonna have to go against AP mids, most bruisers counter you (unless youre super fed)

I wrote a comprehensive guide, at http://www.lolking.net/guides/edit/3473
dont let the rating (or shamelss self promotion :/ ) scare you away... it was written right when lolking guides first came out and we were all downvoting eachothers guides >.>
I played talon (and he was my fav champ) quite a bit before he (basically) got OP with season 3 patch. Should have everything you need to know.

TLDR version:
try to dominate the lane - harass with rake (W) whenever they come up for CS. Play somewhat passively until level 3 when you have all of your abilities, then:
E>autoattack>Q>W is basic harass combo. Full takedown is E>auto>Q>W&R. For a higher risk higher reward, W before auto>Qing, to apply extra 10% dmg on them (but its risky because you can miss your W after E'ing).
ROAM!!! get fed!!! gank a lot!!! a lot of people buy mobi boots for just that, i prefer to stick to cooldown boots though, because talons damage mostly comes from abilities.
Mid/lategame - it's your job to destroy the carries because it's really fast and easy to. get out if you can, but if you die you died for a good cause
Early core:
a dorans or 2, brutalizer(into BC), bloodthirster (best item on talon beside BC)
Late core:
BC, BT, cooldown boots are best but all boots situational, Last whisper, situational

GLHF getting fed

Burntfish44

02-01-2013

oops, messed up the link, it's just http://www.lolking.net/guides/3473 (without the /edit)

A Cat in a Tank

02-01-2013

to many variables to count honestly, builds can be found all over best look one for that fits your needs. A big con is once all spells are used hes a sitting duck with a sword his attacks will hurt if he can get to you. For anything else it takes a person with smarts and a degree of skill to use talon effectively.