Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Tips on Talon?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheDangler78

02-01-2013

I'm about to buy Talon as a new champ to use. Could someone help me with what I should keep in mind when building, pros, cons, anything else, etc. Thanks guys!

Burntfish44

02-01-2013

in normals youre basically gonna have to go against AP mids, most bruisers counter you (unless youre super fed)

I wrote a comprehensive guide, at http://www.lolking.net/guides/edit/3473
dont let the rating (or shamelss self promotion :/ ) scare you away... it was written right when lolking guides first came out and we were all downvoting eachothers guides >.>
I played talon (and he was my fav champ) quite a bit before he (basically) got OP with season 3 patch. Should have everything you need to know.

TLDR version:
try to dominate the lane - harass with rake (W) whenever they come up for CS. Play somewhat passively until level 3 when you have all of your abilities, then:
E>autoattack>Q>W is basic harass combo. Full takedown is E>auto>Q>W&R. For a higher risk higher reward, W before auto>Qing, to apply extra 10% dmg on them (but its risky because you can miss your W after E'ing).
ROAM!!! get fed!!! gank a lot!!! a lot of people buy mobi boots for just that, i prefer to stick to cooldown boots though, because talons damage mostly comes from abilities.
Mid/lategame - it's your job to destroy the carries because it's really fast and easy to. get out if you can, but if you die you died for a good cause
Early core:
a dorans or 2, brutalizer(into BC), bloodthirster (best item on talon beside BC)
Late core:
BC, BT, cooldown boots are best but all boots situational, Last whisper, situational

GLHF getting fed

Burntfish44

02-01-2013

oops, messed up the link, it's just http://www.lolking.net/guides/3473 (without the /edit)

A Cat in a Tank

02-01-2013

to many variables to count honestly, builds can be found all over best look one for that fits your needs. A big con is once all spells are used hes a sitting duck with a sword his attacks will hurt if he can get to you. For anything else it takes a person with smarts and a degree of skill to use talon effectively.