Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

@Riot, I want an explanation - New Ranked System is flawed.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LOLOL BYE

02-01-2013

Quote:
SUDÀ:
Wait Im having the same problem my teamates fed I dont rage at all but there is something massively flawed about this ranked system

Did you not even read the thread? I'm 9-1. It's not the fact Im losing or have lost, It's the fact I have to compete at a much much higher level to be in a low league.

RagnarDanneskjod

02-01-2013

Ummmm..... hello.... elo is only for match making... matchmaking is designed to put you with people against whom you have a 50/50 chance of winning against...

When you queue for a match it looks through ALL summoners, not just ones in your league...

LOLOL BYE

02-01-2013

Quote:
RagnarDanneskjod:
Ummmm..... hello.... elo is only for match making... matchmaking is designed to put you with people against whom you have a 50/50 chance of winning against...

When you queue for a match it looks through ALL summoners, not just ones in your league...

Exactly, So I'm going to be vsing 1700s to stay in a league of 1400.

with momoiroUME

02-01-2013

best aprt is, i bet when you lose, you'll lose like 30 lp

RagnarDanneskjod

02-01-2013

Quote:
LOLOL BYE:

you are trying to equate the old elo rating tiers with the new league tiers... this doesn't work

CarePoliceLoL

02-01-2013

Quote:
RagnarDanneskjod:

But the problem is OP has to fight 1700 players to progress through Silver tier while someone else is fighting 1300 opponents to progress through Silver tier.

So OP is better player (higher elo) but share same badge (silver) with players worse than him.

EDIT: in future when people will completly lose track of their elo it will be impossible to know things OP is talking about. There will be 1800 players in gold tier with 1300 players in gold tier and we won't even know about it.

King Roofus

Recruiter

02-01-2013

Quote:
LOLOL BYE:

The system wouldn't do that. because then you'd have a team of all 1400's vs a team of all 1700's. The system wouldn't let that game go on. You'd either have a team of 1700 elo players on one side and you with 4 1700 elo players beside you or you would play against other 1400's.

Elchulus

02-01-2013

I believe the system adjusts by giving a greater gain in LP if you win. There's no way to know, however, since elo is not public and neither is LP's algorithm.

Just A Game Brah

02-01-2013

Hearsay being spread around these forums is that the bigger the disparity between your division/tier and your MMP, the more LP you gain/lose per match.

So you should be like gaining 30 LP per win and losing much less per loss. Has that been true for you?

Even if true, still not sure how your BO5/BO3 match can be fair. Goes back to the point I raised back when the system was announced, that advancement matches should only contain people from the same level of division/tier who are up for advancement.

Lethminite

02-01-2013

Quote:
LOLOL BYE:

I don't think you are actually 1700 that quickly.

also, if you are that high up, every win should be giving you +50 lp, and every lose should be taking away 5 (obviously don't know actual numbers, but that style).

Then start a league series, get bad luck and lose, go back to 90, win another game, start another series, get good luck and win, go up devision, repeat until you are up where you belong.

On the upside, if your ELO has just spiked from luck in placement matches, you not winning lots will slowly bring your elo back down where it belongs, then you'll be playing against 1500's instead etc.