This is stupid

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LittleDi

02-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big O and Dukes View Post
Suffice to say, my insurance is close to $400 a month on my car.
You are the reason why your insurance is 400 a month. Also possibly why your police force knows your car. Easy ticket to meet their quota. Only reason your insurance company keeps you is probably because of the 4800 you pay them a year.

Quote:
I never got in an accident. I was steadily peppered with incremental "chances". Never lost my license permanently. I am twenty seven, have a million speeding tickets, and I can assure you I am not a menace on the road.
With all the speeding tickets you have your privilege to drive is excessively expensive. You may not think you are a menace on the road, but you are.

Quote:
If Riot had it's way, after two police warnings and four speeding tickets they would just cut your license up and say "whelp, you are a danger to others on the road and you can NEVER DRIVE AGAIN." Clearly this is not reality.
That would be an incorrect comparison of the two situations. The level of severity from the game needs to be properly scaled to compare to real life.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-166qStCZtr...omicrush03.jpg

ShaDow Neda

02-02-2013

Play Dota 2. Honestly, i think it's much better. At least, we can express our impressions (emotions) by some words like "GG GG". Because you'll get banned if u say that too much in league of legends.

GON the Mage Guy

02-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaDow Neda View Post
Play Dota 2. Honestly, i think it's much better. At least, we can express our impressions (emotions) by some words like "GG GG". Because you'll get banned if u say that too much in league of legends.
If you're giving up 3 minutes into the game, yeah, no reason to spam GG GG GG GG GG GG GG GG GG.

Man up and play.

Shelzin

02-02-2013

Quote:
A perfect example to pick apart regarding why Riot's excessive prosecution of ragers is unacceptable.

The day I turned 18 I got a speeding ticket. 70 in a 55. A week later I got another ticket. I had to pay fines and I had to take a driving class. My insurance went up substantially.

Two more tickets when I was 19. Driving class #2 and fines.

A fifth speeding ticket when I was twenty, 70 in a 55. My license was "suspended" for 30 days.
No tickets for three years. The year I turned twenty three, I got three speeding tickets in two months. Driving class, temporary license suspension, driving probation.

Probation ended eighteen months later. Two months after that I got another ticket. Suffice to say, my insurance is close to $400 a month on my car.

I never got in an accident. I was steadily peppered with incremental "chances". Never lost my license permanently. I am twenty seven, have a million speeding tickets, and I can assure you I am not a menace on the road.

If Riot had it's way, after two police warnings and four speeding tickets they would just cut your license up and say "whelp, you are a danger to others on the road and you can NEVER DRIVE AGAIN." Clearly this is not reality.
*blink*blink*

Actually if Riot had it's way it would remove your licence (ban account) and make you start over from scratch. Hopefully making it to where the extra cost might make you think about being civil (driving the speed limit).

If you continue to do the wrong things then the bans become more harsh. ( Your insurance goes up and you pay a butt load more )

If real life hasn't taught you the lesson I'm not sure the game will teach you either. Kinda sad really for a person in their late 20's.

Big O and Dukes

02-02-2013

Feels like i'm talking to myself in here.

Scaling penalties are fine and we have all been through them in real life. A penalty resulting in the destruction of your account because you were verbally a jerk in dozens of games despite many warnings is an unacceptable, unfair punishment that must be spoken out against as loudly as possible. I've tried to illustrate this with metaphors and strawmen and instead of comprehending many of you see what you want to be. So be it.

The destruction of your account for language you use towards others in game is wrong and must be fought against. I will continue to do so.

Riverstyx201

02-02-2013

Quote:

Scaling penalties are fine and we have all been through them in real life. A penalty resulting in the destruction of your account because you were verbally a jerk in dozens of games despite many warnings is an unacceptable, unfair punishment that must be spoken out against as loudly as possible. I've tried to illustrate this with metaphors and strawmen and instead of comprehending many of you see what you want to be. So be it.

The destruction of your account for language you use towards others in game is wrong and must be fought against. I will continue to do so.
"Verbally" being a jerk can screw up any game just as badly as an afker or an intentional feeder. If someone's being a jerk to the point that you have to mute him, you've just cut off communication to 1/4 of your remaining teammates. If he actually ends up with something useful to say, then GG, you just got ganked because you couldn't see it. If he's raging constantly, it can demoralize the team to the point that they lose as well. That's why "toxic" players are banned. The mute function is just a patch-fix until you can send a report that gets to the root of the problem. And since LoL is a game that requires constant communication, it isn't even a very good patch-fix.

RQ Kiwi

02-02-2013

Quote:

Plenty of stores will ban destructive customers for life. Do you disagree with that as well?

LittleDi

02-02-2013

Quote:

You're entitled to your opinion. Riot's is "we don't like jerks" and I support that.

170 Calories

02-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickinout View Post
I got banned fro no dame reason
it was stupid false report lolz
Done with this game forever uninstalling playing Dota2
Im going to do a word scramble with your post.

fro no stupid reason I was kickinout with a dame. I was banned forever fro playing Dota2

170 Calories

02-02-2013

Quote:
A perfect example to pick apart regarding why Riot's excessive prosecution of ragers is unacceptable.

The day I turned 18 I got a speeding ticket. 70 in a 55. A week later I got another ticket. I had to pay fines and I had to take a driving class. My insurance went up substantially.

Two more tickets when I was 19. Driving class #2 and fines.

A fifth speeding ticket when I was twenty, 70 in a 55. My license was "suspended" for 30 days.
No tickets for three years. The year I turned twenty three, I got three speeding tickets in two months. Driving class, temporary license suspension, driving probation.

Probation ended eighteen months later. Two months after that I got another ticket. Suffice to say, my insurance is close to $400 a month on my car.

The reason the police havent done it is because you have become a public atm.