This is stupid

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Big O and Dukes

02-02-2013

I played DOTA a good deal when I was in highschool. Eventually I migrated to this. Believe me I wish I could not like this anymore, I really do. Unfortunately this is the most advanced evolution of the DOTA concept in my opinion, and I really enjoy playing. Every game I play I mute everyone the second the game begins, a tactic i've resigned myself to after my first account (2009-2011) was permabanned. When I play with friends we use Skype.

I believe Riot will eventually be forced to change. They may have alienated a "statistically insignificant" percentage of their player base with no ill-effects in the short term, but I don't believe that will be the case forever. I am holding out hope for either that day to come, or for a RTS superior to this one to emerge.

Shelzin

02-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big O and Dukes View Post
Just like I am on the side of thieves in Saudi Arabia who have their hands cut off for stealing, an unacceptable punishment, I am on the side of the ragers in league of legends.
I'm only on one side... And it's always the same one... Mine.

Shelzin

02-02-2013

Quote:
I played DOTA a good deal when I was in highschool. Eventually I migrated to this. Believe me I wish I could not like this anymore, I really do. Unfortunately this is the most advanced evolution of the DOTA concept in my opinion, and I really enjoy playing. Every game I play I mute everyone the second the game begins, a tactic i've resigned myself to after my first account (2009-2011) was permabanned. When I play with friends we use Skype.

I believe Riot will eventually be forced to change. They may have alienated a "statistically insignificant" percentage of their player base with no ill-effects in the short term, but I don't believe that will be the case forever. I am holding out hope for either that day to come, or for a RTS superior to this one to emerge.
Either that or the people that get perma banned will make new accounts and just mute everyone else in game so they don't continue to get banned.

Big O and Dukes

02-02-2013

Until then, the best thing I can do, and people who have views similar to my own, is just keep talking. Keep expressing my views in forums like this and hope someone takes heed. Even if it is nothing, it is worth it to me. At least I know I have done my part.

Big O and Dukes

02-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelzin View Post
Either that or the people that get perma banned will make new accounts and just mute everyone else in game so they don't continue to get banned.
The difference is, while i probably spent $200+ on my first account, I have contributed no money whatsoever to Riot this go round. They may have milked enough from me, but hopefully my words of warning to others has prevented additional money from going their way.

RQ Kiwi

02-02-2013

Quote:
Until then, the best thing I can do, and people who have views similar to my own, is just keep talking. Keep expressing my views in forums like this and hope someone takes heed. Even if it is nothing, it is worth it to me. At least I know I have done my part.
If you want to express dissent towards the tribunal, then at least use some valid reasons.

Telling people that the mute function is the only valid response to verbal abuse is just flat out wrong, among other things you've said.

Big O and Dukes

02-02-2013

Quote:
Telling people that the mute function is the only valid response to verbal abuse is just flat out wrong, among other things you've said.
You are wrong. You are part of the problem. I will continue to speak out against you and your kind as long as you choose to frequent this place.

RQ Kiwi

02-02-2013

Quote:
You are wrong. You are part of the problem. I will continue to speak out against you and your kind as long as you choose to frequent this place.
How am I wrong.

Explain to me how creating a toxic environment and driving people to use the mute function just to deal with it is okay? Shouldn't players just not create a toxic environment instead?

One thing I've noticed as myself and 'my kind', as you put it, all offer explanations about almost everything we say. You just say things with nothing to back up your arguments.

Shelzin

02-02-2013

Quote:
The difference is, while i probably spent $200+ on my first account, I have contributed no money whatsoever to Riot this go round. They may have milked enough from me, but hopefully my words of warning to others has prevented additional money from going their way.
I personally don't have a problem with that. It's a valid point in my opinion.

Takerial

02-02-2013

Quote:
A perfect example to pick apart regarding why Riot's excessive prosecution of ragers is unacceptable.

The day I turned 18 I got a speeding ticket. 70 in a 55. A week later I got another ticket. I had to pay fines and I had to take a driving class. My insurance went up substantially.

Two more tickets when I was 19. Driving class #2 and fines.

A fifth speeding ticket when I was twenty, 70 in a 55. My license was "suspended" for 30 days.
No tickets for three years. The year I turned twenty three, I got three speeding tickets in two months. Driving class, temporary license suspension, driving probation.

Probation ended eighteen months later. Two months after that I got another ticket. Suffice to say, my insurance is close to $400 a month on my car.

I never got in an accident. I was steadily peppered with incremental "chances". Never lost my license permanently. I am twenty seven, have a million speeding tickets, and I can assure you I am not a menace on the road.

If Riot had it's way, after two police warnings and four speeding tickets they would just cut your license up and say "whelp, you are a danger to others on the road and you can NEVER DRIVE AGAIN." Clearly this is not reality.
Except speeding by itself doesn't involve anyone else.

If you are speeding, and crash into someone else. You are expected to pay for the crash if you are at fault.

If you do it under the influence you will lose your license for a time period. (Depends on where you are.)

If you kill the person, you are looking at manslaughter and can now go to prison losing your freedom for a certain amount of time.

Let's say you crash into someone. You pay off the person's car. Now instead you crash into another person. You're likely to lose your license for that and have to pay for that as well.

How long do you think they'll let you keep crashing into people before they remove your license for a significant amount of time? Not that many times.

Your single minded attitude is based on the fact that it only concerns one person. That is not the case in this game. This is a team game and every incident affects several people. That is the difference.