This is stupid

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Embalm Decay

Member

02-01-2013

Yep, like all the rest, punished for no reason.......


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Big O and Dukes

Senior Member

02-01-2013

Quote:
Starting to question why you are even here anymore, ther then to ram down a certain logic down our throats. Looks like you're in this for the long haul so enjoy your spinstay.
Not sure why you would question that. I have been very concise and direct since I arrived here and I will continue to do so. There needs to be a dissenting voice among rabble like you who only serve to hurt all of these people arriving here to scream and cry that all of their hard earned content has been taken from them. It's been removed by a system that delivers the ultimate punishment to many people not deserving of it.

How would you feel if they took away your car forever for getting 4 parking tickets? You would kick and scream about that. The same logic applies here. My voice is going nowhere.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Travinator90

Member

02-01-2013

I'm gonna take a guess and say it wasn't for no reason. Are you neglecting to tell us the truth?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

YueienGato

Senior Member

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big O and Dukes View Post
Not sure why you would question that. I have been very concise and direct since I arrived here and I will continue to do so. There needs to be a dissenting voice among rabble like you who only serve to hurt all of these people arriving here to scream and cry that all of their hard earned content has been taken from them. It's been removed by a system that delivers the ultimate punishment to many people not deserving of it.

How would you feel if they took away your car forever for getting 4 parking tickets? You would kick and scream about that. The same logic applies here. My voice is going nowhere.
Yeah . . . cept I haven't been to Tribunal ever so yeah. As such, I simply share my insights with people who come here who want to change: for those that don't, well, more power to them.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Big O and Dukes

Senior Member

02-01-2013

Great answer, except not really an answer. The correct answer is that you would be furious. You paid ten grand for your car and sure it's the rules that you "agreed" to to not park next to a fire hydrant, but you did it anyways a bunch of times and now you don't have a car anymore. You would raise an unbelievable stink, you wouldn't accept it under any circumstance, and you would basically fight to the death to get your car back.

Everyone coming in here spreading their tales of woe are relating this on a smaller scale. You and several others have been waiting in the wings for them, ready to smugly explain to them why their account is gone forever. Shame on you.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zachrin

Member

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big O and Dukes View Post
Great answer, except not really an answer. The correct answer is that you would be furious. You paid ten grand for your car and sure it's the rules that you "agreed" to to not park next to a fire hydrant, but you did it anyways a bunch of times and now you don't have a car anymore. You would raise an unbelievable stink, you wouldn't accept it under any circumstance, and you would basically fight to the death to get your car back.

Everyone coming in here spreading their tales of woe are relating this on a smaller scale. You and several others have been waiting in the wings for them, ready to smugly explain to them why their account is gone forever. Shame on you.
The only thing that you left out of this analogy is that the person was warned multiple times to not park next to a fire hydrant, and yet continued to do so.

To continue the analogy, I've been pulled over twice in the 3 years I've lived in Columbus for speeding. Both times, I knew I was speeding, but I wanted to get somewhere faster anyway. The first time, I was let off with a warning. The second time, I got a ticket and had to pay a fine. Guess what? I don't speed anymore. I was warned that speeding was unacceptable, and I was punished to prove the point. I don't like that I can't go as fast as I'd like to, but I sure don't want another speeding ticket. Not only that, but if I get enough speeding tickets and other infractions, I lose my license and can't drive anymore.

Exact same principle here. You're given warnings and tickets (bans) until you either stop the behavior that's causing people to report you to the tribunal and for tribunal users to vote punish, or you'll lose your license (perma).

I'll admit that the analogy is slightly different here, because you lose a license to drive, not your vehicle itself. Though, at that point you might get your vehicle impounded for a different infraction, but we may be taking the analogy to far at this point.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

sepetaiya

Senior Member

02-01-2013

Big O, add me in game - sepetaiya

you are the only one with any compassion on this forum


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Big O and Dukes

Senior Member

02-01-2013

Quote:
To continue the analogy, I've been pulled over twice in the 3 years I've lived in Columbus for speeding. Both times, I knew I was speeding, but I wanted to get somewhere faster anyway. The first time, I was let off with a warning. The second time, I got a ticket and had to pay a fine. Guess what? I don't speed anymore. I don't like that I can't go as fast as I'd like to, but I sure don't want another speeding ticket. Not only that, but if I get enough speeding tickets and other infractions, I lose my license and can't drive anymore.
A perfect example to pick apart regarding why Riot's excessive prosecution of ragers is unacceptable.

The day I turned 18 I got a speeding ticket. 70 in a 55. A week later I got another ticket. I had to pay fines and I had to take a driving class. My insurance went up substantially.

Two more tickets when I was 19. Driving class #2 and fines.

A fifth speeding ticket when I was twenty, 70 in a 55. My license was "suspended" for 30 days.
No tickets for three years. The year I turned twenty three, I got three speeding tickets in two months. Driving class, temporary license suspension, driving probation.

Probation ended eighteen months later. Two months after that I got another ticket. Suffice to say, my insurance is close to $400 a month on my car.

I never got in an accident. I was steadily peppered with incremental "chances". Never lost my license permanently. I am twenty seven, have a million speeding tickets, and I can assure you I am not a menace on the road.

If Riot had it's way, after two police warnings and four speeding tickets they would just cut your license up and say "whelp, you are a danger to others on the road and you can NEVER DRIVE AGAIN." Clearly this is not reality.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Big O and Dukes

Senior Member

02-01-2013

I want to be clear that I can see why typing negative things can be viewed as "toxic" behavior (toxic is a word I am uncomfortable using as much as the people in this forum). What drives me into the corner of the offenders is the severity of the punishment. If the penalty became recurring two week bans at maximum every time the tribunal convicts you, then this would be easier to swallow. Your content is not gone forever.

Just like I am on the side of thieves in Saudi Arabia who have their hands cut off for stealing, an unacceptable punishment, I am on the side of the ragers in league of legends.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Getsuei

Senior Member

02-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big O and Dukes View Post
I want to be clear that I can see why typing negative things can be viewed as "toxic" behavior (toxic is a word I am uncomfortable using as much as the people in this forum). What drives me into the corner of the offenders is the severity of the punishment. If the penalty became recurring two week bans at maximum every time the tribunal convicts you, then this would be easier to swallow. Your content is not gone forever.

Just like I am on the side of thieves in Saudi Arabia who have their hands cut off for stealing, an unacceptable punishment, I am on the side of the ragers in league of legends.
Curious then, why do you play the game when you are more then aware that they can terminate it at will?