Negative of new league system

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tenzen

02-01-2013

Old system:

Lets say I was 1200 and had played like 500 games in total. If I had won the next 100 games all in a row without a single loss then I would have gained like 1000 elo (10 elo per win) and would have been at 2200.

Obviously this is unrealistic because noone wins 100 in a row but i am just trying show the difference in the amount of games you have to win to climb high into the ladder.

New System.

Lets say that you are Bronze tier division 5 and get 10 lp per win. So after 8 wins (assuming you play full bo3) you would move up to Bronze 4.

Now 2200 in the old system would be the equivalent of Challenger 1 today. So to get to that point you would have to win 232 games in a row.

So to get to the point where you would have gotten in season 2 you would have to win 132 more games (in a row).

It seems that they made it so that those in the top tiers are cemented there and those trying to get there have no hope at all.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cyraknoss

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen View Post
Old system:

Lets say I was 1200 and had played like 500 games in total. If I had won the next 100 games all in a row without a single loss then I would have gained like 1000 elo (10 elo per win) and would have been at 2200.

Obviously this is unrealistic because noone wins 100 in a row but i am just trying show the difference in the amount of games you have to win to climb high into the ladder.

New System.

Lets say that you are Bronze tier division 5 and get 10 lp per win. So after 8 wins (assuming you play full bo3) you would move up to Bronze 4.

Now 2200 in the old system would be the equivalent of Challenger 1 today. So to get to that point you would have to win 232 games in a row.

So to get to the point where you would have gotten in season 2 you would have to win 132 more games (in a row).

It seems that they made it so that those in the top tiers are cemented there and those trying to get there have no hope at all.
Bronze div 5 and 1200 are definitely not the same. As someone who was 1220/1262 before the switch over I can assure of that as I was placed into silver 4. Your math is off cause you equated 1200 to bronze 5, it still takes longer now than it did but not as long as you're making it seem.