Eternal Darkness [A Nocturne Story]

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lomo Cat 4

02-01-2013

Hello, Summoners! If you are reading this, it means that this is the first fanfic that I have ever created and finished ^_^. It is mainly focused on Nocturne, my favorite champion, but there are other main characters that are important as well.

Prologue
"What is happening... Where Am I....." Thoughts echoed through Nocturne's mind. His body was traveling through the universe, blobs of plasma floating as he raced past them. Though he did not know, Nocturne was traveling through galaxies, through time. There was no such thing as "time" in the Realm of Dreams, Nocturne's homeland. Naturally, his body was having a hard time adjusting after he was sucked through a portal, heading towards Runeterra at the speed of light. Even at this speed, Nocturne was only a quarter of the way to his destination after two days. Two days with no souls to feast on..... Nocturne was starving. He was extremely weak in this state. Nocturne's body was shutting down. Good thing he couldn't die from this. He was simply hibernating. The plasma around him seemed to dissolve into the darkness, as Nocturne didn't realize his eyes slowly closing.

"RESTRAIN THIS BEAST AT ONCE!' Morello's voice boomed as the match currently occurring in summoner's rift came to a halt. All ten champions were recalled with the exception of Tryndamere, who had stopped listening to Morello's orders after his nerfs, and were now staring at the unconscious form of Nocturne. Morello had heard of the disturbing stories of nightmares, nightmares caused by this monster.
"Sir, you might want to calm down," said Phreak, who was shoutcasting this tournament game. "He's asleep. What harm could he do to us?"
"YOU MORONS!!!" Morello was the one that had to be restrained, as he had taken out a gleaming silver bat, ready to smash Nocturne, weakening him considerably. "WHEN WE ARE ALL DEAD, YOU CAN JUST BLAME YOURSELF!"
Nocturne had never seen daylight before. It blinded him and even weakened him. Nocturne suddenly realized the sea of eyes staring at him. He hadn't moved yet, but when he did, he suddenly heard an explosion underneath him. A mushroom shaped trap and been activated, and a mixture of purple gas and liquid began to seep out, inflicting extreme pain on Nocturne. Nocturne shouted in agony, but it sounded warped and more alienlike, and no human would recognize the pain Nocturne was in. He looked up to see a small specimen who was laughing at him. The yordle walked up to him and planted another shroom. Nocturne knew what was happening now, and anger took over his mind. He dived into the mind of the creature started draining the yordle's soul, regaining all the energy he had lost on his trip. Immediately, a myriad of different spells and projectiles, Nocturne the target of them, were released. Nocturne didn't care about this though. He was gaining more and more energy, more than enough to heal the wounds he was suffering.This daylight was bothering him as well. Nocturne muttered a special spell under his breath. All went black.

Morello's phone rang. He was walking down a hallway of the institute, still irate about the stupidity of Phreak and the champions in the tournament game. He wasn't about to die to Nocturne with them. Nocturne had been sighted in people's dreams for centuries, and now he had made his first appearance in the world of Runeterra. Morello answered the phone.
"MORELLO! PLEASE COME TO SUMMONER'S RIFT IMMEDIATELY! BRING YOUR NERF BAT WITH YOU!!!!" Morello immediately knew what was happening. Anger welled up inside him, and he punched a hole in the wall beside him. "****ING IDIOTS!" he thought. They had restrained him, stopped him from doing the right thing. Now they were asking for help. There would definitely be consequences for this. And with that, he began to channel his teleport.

Nocturne was laughing now. Bodies lay strewn about the blue team base. Phreak was only alive because his actual body wasn't present, he had retreated like a coward. He was now talking through a big screen to Nocturne, saying things like "These champions will be revived! Your violence is useless!" and "You will soon be nerfed to oblivion". Nocturne laughed. The world he lived in was considered an "oblivion" by many. Nocturne's incessant laughter finally ceased, as he sensed a presence, a very powerful one, nearby. A man spun through a wall, a snarl on his face. His ripped muscles were interlocked, and he was holding a massive sword.
"Heh, you're really lucky is all I can say. I was busy soloing Baron Nashor. But your luck has run out. You're going to die here and now. And with that, he charged at Nocturne. Nocturne's blade parried his initial slice, and this process seemed to repeat forever. They started to aim for each other's bodies. However, they both had immense amounts of lifesteal, and no damage was really being inflicted.
Morello appeared in the battlefield. Nine champions had died. They were now in the process of revival because of their stupidity. Tryndamere was the only one left, and he was locked in an eternal battle with Nocturne. Tryndamere caught sight of him, and the look in his eyes told him to back off, as this was his fight. But Morello knew this fight would never end if it was allowed to continue. A full build Tryndamere evenly matched with a Nocturne that had no items too... Morello advanced towards Nocturne, Nerfbat in hand. Nocturne turned around, only inches away from Morello. But it was too late. Morello had struck him with the bat. Nocturne's whole body stiffened. He fell to the ground, unconscious.
"HOW DARE YOU MORELLO! HOW DARE YOU! CAN'T YOU LET ME HAVE A CHANCE TO SHOW MY POWER???" These were the last words Nocturne heard as he sunk to the ground. He had been defeated. He would wake up soon, tethered to the Nexus by powerful chains unable to be broken.

End of Prologue. Chapter 1 Coming soon

Frost Archer

02-01-2013

HA HA Halarious XD I usually don't like these, but... but.... *chuckle, THE NERF BAT LOL
OMG, I nearly DIED laughing. Thank you, you made my day. XD
+1

Lomo Cat 4

02-24-2013

Sorry for a very long delay i'm updating this right now

Lomo Cat 4

02-24-2013

Chapter 1
Nocturne hacked away at the chains endlessly, but it was no use. Morello was mocking him as he still went on with his feeble attempts.
"You may try, but the nerf bat has made you useless!" he shouted. Still, Nocturne didn't give up, and Morello eventually walked away, laughing. Then he turned around.
"Nocturne, would you like to be freeeeeee...?" asked a ghostly voice. Morello's body shook uncontrollably, and his eyes had turned blood red. Morello fell to the ground, and a cloud of dust came from within his body. Nocturne stared at the cloud, which materialized into a large, spectral man. He approached Nocturne, reaching for him with his ghostlike hands. Nocturne watched in amazement as the chains restricting his body were lifted. Then he was grabbed by the man himself and dragged away.
As he awoke, Nocturne noticed the many twisted tubes surrounding him. He was once again in bondage, this time in a futuristic chamber. The same man he saw earlier was intently looking at him.
"Ah, you've awoken. Let me tell you about the great plans we have for you," said the man happily. "My name is Tava, and I am the commander of the Liberation Legion.
"I would like to know why you freed me from that man," Nocturne asked.
"If you didn't realize already, you've been chained to that Nexus for years. He's wiped all your memories and nerfed you countless times. He's a monster, and he's been abusing that bat that was so kindly passed down to him by his much more considerate father." Nocturne's mind was unsure of what to think about this, but he nodded. He noticed purple patches beginning to form on his skin.
"Don't worry about that. You're getting plasma armor," informed Tava. "You'll be stronger than ever before. But right now you need rest." Tava flicked a switch and left the room, leaving Nocturne drowsy. He almost immediately fell asleep.