The tribunal is a broken system that unjustly bans players consistantly.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ramachese

02-01-2013

They actually do have people they pay to do this but they could never have enough staff to do it properly. The Tribunal does work and it is not filled with people who 'can't play well' or have an axe to grind.

Of course, getting sent to the tribunal takes some actual effort on a player's part. The vast majority of players never see the Tribunal.

IDarksbane

02-01-2013

in my opinon the tribunal is a great way to judge players and it dosent atually decide wether they get banned or not i dont think. i think that if i judge someone guilty then it will send it to a riot employee and they make the final judgment

BouncingDonut

02-01-2013

This is how i vote on tribunal i read how it all began and to see if someone might of angered that person in any way so if someone kept calling this one person bad and he started to feed i would understand that and may not punish him depending on how the conversation went. either way it is broken but heres one thing we can do to fix it. Stop being an ass hole to people instead point out what they did wrong andhelp they fix it.

Treza

02-01-2013

agreed the tribunal is out of control. ive been banned twice for mild swearing. im 22 years old ffs and the majority of the people who play this game are grown men. i think we can handle a few f bombs and the word "bum" hear and there. league has the most matured (age wise) community of any online game ever apart from maybe starcraft, and yet we are treated like 5 year olds

i runescape is catered to kids and the chat on there is 3x as vulgar and its not a big deal

Carthelan

02-01-2013

The united states justice system that incarcerates and kills people unjustly, and doesn't do justice to people actually doing wrong. As you were saying OP?

GoddessShallah

02-01-2013

Here's the thing kids, Summoners Code, you agree to it. It is fair for Riot to expect you to behave a certain way, because you agree to their terms before you are even allowed to play the game. Part of the tribunal is that we try our best to judge by the rules in which you've agreed to.

As Ghandi said, "Be the change you want to see in the world."

mendeleyev

02-02-2013

it does take a lot of effort on two bases. You have to get tons of reports. Then, riot randomly selects some of your reports to show to the tribunal. if you think you get a bunch of unjust reports, you should be fine. Or you could be super unlucky and they choose your worst 5 reports. Who knows. When I get threatened with a report in game, i make a very long explanation of the game for the tribunal in chat, so they know what is up.

SeCKS Egai

02-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakkorzz View Post
If your sent to the tribunal you are very likely to get banned, people who review these cases are people who are looking for some sort of retribution because they can not play well, or feel jaded. Having players judge cases is not the way to go. When someone on the team askes why a player would dive a tower, 1v5 the enemy or overextend, they should not be banned for this. Or a player/multiple players who have called a player bad or have otherwise harassed them, and get called bad in return, why do people think there is grounds for banning someone in a case like this? Did the other player get banned? Were they not just responding to prevocative players? In many cases the extent of the banned players harassment is calling someone bad who was already harassing them. There are many other examples as well. They are getting banned for reasons like this. The tribunal needs to be reworked, starting with being more specific about reasons to be banned, or filtering it through riot before action is taken.
By posting this, you've already lost credibility. The summoner's code isn't hard to understand, yet people who see bans refuse to follow it. People don't get banned for lack of skill, they get banned for toxic behavior.

Ippiki Okami

02-02-2013

Because 1 jack arse on a team harrasing other players isn't enough, they feel obliged to respond and usualy in the manner the origional jack arse want.

Now the team has to deal with 2 jack arses fighting and bickering.

From a person actively involved in the tribunal, it isn't perfect, but rarely do I see people in there that shouldn't be in there, provoked or not. Also you generaly do not get banned for mild swearing, how ever you will get banned for swearing at people .

Tribunal is not perfect, but it is what we have.

mendeleyev

02-02-2013

tribunal also throws in cases for people who should definitely be pardoned, to make sure that you are paying attention. It gives you a rating, and i am pretty sure if you screw up enough, you won't be able to vote anymore.

I take my tribunal cases VERY seriously. If you care enough to actually do the tribunal, usually you care enough to read it. The IP is so minimal, it is a waste of almost an hour (for me since i read it) to just hit punish everytime