The tribunal is a broken system that unjustly bans players consistantly.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Drenzin

02-01-2013

If your sent to the tribunal you are very likely to get banned, people who review these cases are people who are looking for some sort of retribution because they can not play well, or feel jaded. Having players judge cases is not the way to go. When someone on the team askes why a player would dive a tower, 1v5 the enemy or overextend, they should not be banned for this. Or a player/multiple players who have called a player bad or have otherwise harassed them, and get called bad in return, why do people think there is grounds for banning someone in a case like this? Did the other player get banned? Were they not just responding to prevocative players? In many cases the extent of the banned players harassment is calling someone bad who was already harassing them. There are many other examples as well. They are getting banned for reasons like this. The tribunal needs to be reworked, starting with being more specific about reasons to be banned, or filtering it through riot before action is taken.

Crackers n Chese

02-01-2013

The tribunal system will never work because it has a very large "human" factor and everyones opinions are different, as well as we weren't in that situation, (What i think (if the a person gets in the system you get to see the replay of the game, pre chat logs post chat logs, chat logs.)) It's a broken system that may be true, but there is no "right" system to work it out at the moment so until then we deal with it, it is what it is.

Voyles

02-01-2013

I agree. They need to pay people to do this.

Crackers n Chese

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileHighJew View Post
Paying would not fix this, you can't fix the tribunal.

Lagin

02-01-2013

the tribunal doesnt work the way you think it works. you dont get banned before some rioter looks your file and says yes this guy deserves a ban. Also not every ban come from the tribunal, riot has other teams looking for bad behavior and punishing.

When you get banned you shouldnt start looking for flaws in the tribunal system but flaws in your actitud inside the game

Crackers n Chese

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagin View Post
the tribunal doesnt work the way you think it works. you dont get banned before some rioter looks your file and says yes this guy deserves a ban. Also not every ban come from the tribunal, riot has other teams looking for bad behavior and punishing.

When you get banned you shouldnt start looking for flaws in the tribunal system but flaws in your actitud inside the game
Riot only looks at it, if it's a permanent ban, otherwise they have an appeal section.

NiceDynamite

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagin View Post

The tribunal does not work the way you think it works.

annie grey

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crackers n Chese View Post
The tribunal system will never work because it has a very large "human" factor and everyones opinions are different, as well as we weren't in that situation, (What i think (if the a person gets in the system you get to see the replay of the game, pre chat logs post chat logs, chat logs.)) It's a broken system that may be true, but there is no "right" system to work it out at the moment so until then we deal with it, it is what it is.
I don't agree that it will never work, but I do agree that we weren't in the situation. I like the idea about being able to see the pre-chat and post-chat logs. Also, I don't know if Riot records each game, but it would definitely be easier to review a game fairly if the reviewers could have the option to watch the game. Personally, I don't think it should be required, but if it were an option, I think it would be easier to judge.

I also agree there is a human factor, but I do think it is necessary. A human factor needs to be there, because I don't believe a machine is capable of being "in the situation", either.

Honestly, I don't have the answers, but I think there should be more options when it comes to the Tribunal. I also think having the Tribunal is needed, given the amount of negative attitudes I see during games. Perhaps there should be more requirements for the players who want to take part in the Tribunal. Also, I don't know how much Riot looks into the cases.
Just my opinion, I'm no expert. =)

LazyBeast

02-01-2013

Im sure uou opened your mouth in the game and decided to yell or verbally abuse one of your teammates causing a loss. You players that think you are better then everyone else need to learn that harrassing your team does not produce a win. Encourage them, assist them, motivate them, just be patient. You are more likely to have a cmeback in a losing game if you help your failing teammates. Who may just be having a bad game. Or may just have a hard lane.

Capt Poro Snax

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileHighBrew View Post
lol the whole reason riot has the trib is to not haft to pay a staff to do this kind of work.

back on topic though if they had say 100 people to be the trib that applied for it. In an ap form of some sort and went through some kind of test to actually be accepted. It would really make it a lot better in my opinion. "basically something like closed Betta testers for games in a sense"

really like the being able to watch the replay's idea for the game in question.