Thresh's Lantern Pull

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

K rent

02-01-2013

I think that thresh's lantern ability should be a left click only to activate. Many of the times that Thresh throws out his lantern it is hard to right click on to activate, it being minions or champs around it. If it were a left click ability the person who actually wants to use it can and not have someone accidentally use because of frantic clicking. It would be a QOL change for all of thresh's team.

Feo Leche

02-01-2013

No, the whole point of Dark Passage is that you're supposed to be able to block it while opposing thresh. There has to be someway to prevent the escape and blocking it with yourself is the answer.

figwrap

02-02-2013

its fine the way it is. if the enemy is that close to you and youre frantically clicking to use the lantern you wont anyways because the enemy is too near you for you to activate the ability.

WikkaWill

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-02-2013

So let's say I'm a champion and you're a champion and you tried to fight me but had to take a step back and LITERALLY **** YOUR OWN FACE. Now we're both standing on a magical lantern that you intend to grab and escape with. Do you expect me to step out of the way of the lantern and let you walk away?
The answer depends on how high you can get your surrender count for me.

Goddess Din

02-02-2013

He's not saying to let people click through champions, he's saying make it so you interact with it by left clicking (like opening the store) instead of right clicking. That way in team fights when people are spamming right click to move people don't accidentally click it, you have to actively left click to use it. If an enemy is on to of it you'll just end up selecting the champion instead of using the lantern.

Yuan Shikai

02-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilandria View Post
He's not saying to let people click through champions, he's saying make it so you interact with it by left clicking (like opening the store) instead of right clicking. That way in team fights when people are spamming right click to move people don't accidentally click it, you have to actively left click to use it. If an enemy is on to of it you'll just end up selecting the champion instead of using the lantern.
That is SUPPOSED to be how it works, you are SUPPOSED to be able to stand on top of it to prevent the enemy from using it, that is how you counterplay Thresh's lantern.

Cheers

02-03-2013

Honestly, I don't think it really matters if it's Left-Click to Activate or Right-Click to Activate. As everyone has stated earlier, the counterplay is to have something else in the lantern's way to prevent it's use.

Regardless of what type of click, covering the lantern with something else is still going to block that Click, whether you attempt to basic attack that target, or end up selecting the target and seeing their basic stats at the top-left of your screen.

Mysterage

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-03-2013

Personally I think this mechanic for Thresh sucks...he needs several QoL improvements before I'll accept he's really anything more than a mediocre support.

K rent

02-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuan Shikai View Post
That is SUPPOSED to be how it works, you are SUPPOSED to be able to stand on top of it to prevent the enemy from using it, that is how you counterplay Thresh's lantern.
Do you know what happens when you left click a champ? You select that champ and only that champ, not the minion behind them or even the lantern they are standing on. You are getting mad over something you didn't understand correctly, just accept the fact you failed and get on with your life.