Should I change my last name.

Yes. 14 53.85%
No. 12 46.15%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Seeing as I have Become Estranged From Family...

12345612 ... 17
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mere Intricacy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by VagÓna View Post
As for the name, what do you think of your ancestors? Parents aside.

I know they're dead and all, so they don't really care, but I wouldn't change my name, out of respect to my ancestors. Also I'm the only fertile male in my lineage, so if I changed my name, then the family name would die out.
My heritage doesn't mean anything.

Mere Intricacy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by VagÓna View Post
I'd bang a tattooed woman.

I wouldn't date a chick who has a clearly visible tattoo. I see them as very low-class.

They also hurt your employment prospects unless you want to spend the rest of your days working at the natural foods co-op.
I'm getting a PhD in physics. Tattoos won't matter.

VagÓna

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mere Intricacy View Post
If you met your ideal mate would you not date her because she had a tat.
If I met a chick with a tat, I would have no idea at the time whether or not she's my ideal mate.

Aside from any social stigma or things that they might reveal about one's personality, they are also a big turn-off to some guys. Sure it's a little judgmental, but one has to filter when meeting people. You can't take the time to get to know every chick that you see.

Mere Intricacy

02-01-2013

I think I meet people differently than you do.
And the fact that it would turn off some potential mates doesn't phase me.
I only need one.

VagÓna

02-01-2013

Just my opinion on it. If it's not pertinent to you, go for it.

Just realize that someone who is otherwise perfect for you may not date chicks who have tattoos.

Mere Intricacy

02-01-2013

It's a risk I'm willing to take.

Anyway last names ..

vcadoda

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mere Intricacy View Post
I'm getting a PhD in physics. Tattoos won't matter.
I don't know how most physicists are, but I would think tattoos would leave a bad impression for potential employers such as academia or large companies. A tattoo that looks nice now will probably not look nice down the road, so you may want to consider consequences 1st.

Mere Intricacy

02-01-2013

I like Mears....

Then I will actually have Mere in my name.

Elizabeth Mears.
Elizabeth Shadows.
Elizabeth Dark.
Elizabeth Arden.
Elizabeth Scarlet.

Zakharia

02-01-2013

No because changing your surname legally is a giant pain in the ass. Tattoos are something you may regret further down in life. Also if you ever wanna go to Japan and go to the hot springs, you won't be allowed with tattoos. This alone is the reason why I would never get them.

Internet

02-01-2013

about the tattoo buisness,
My mom got a tattoo. She had to hide it from my dad for about 4 months before finally deciding to tell him she got it. (it was a life long dream to have one, she basically said, yep, it's time.)
He proceeded to call her trailer trash and how she ruined her body.

So yah know, a lot of men don't like tattoos for some reason, if your dead set on one, get a tiny tiny -classy- hideable one.

12345612 ... 17