League system queue dodge penalties

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GhostPhreak

04-14-2013

All the times i dodged is because there was a troll in champ select. My ranking went down cause of that -.-

Dragonsven

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-14-2013

tl;dr they're putting it back the way it was because that worked so incredibly well

Z0LVIN

04-14-2013

I am not sure if this is the place to ask, but it is indeed related to the topic.

Now that the game takes you out of the lobby because you failed to pick a champion, say, does it still apply the penalty? I know it does make you wait the 5min wait to be able to search another game but would like to clarify if it also takes away some LP.

NotToBanMePlz

04-30-2013

testing

Jadoover

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-01-2013

This system only works for pre made team where a 5 roles will be occupied. If that team gets counter picked and dodges it makes sense to issue a punishment since the lost as a team in champ select.

But in solo que, These penalties mostly hurt innocent lol players trying to move up in ranking. In almost all my lol games, I have NEVER seen a troll dodge queue. if i did its too little to remember and that's a point. What is others or i dodging queue. For reasons such as 1 role cannot be filled who ever takes is new or horrible in that tole. Or a scenario where there is a troll picks a random champ messing up the meta. Why punish players for having no idea what random team the will get. Or having 2 or more fight for a role, or even worse no one wants to play something because they are not good at it.

Riot if you are thinking of punishing dodges like this, you need to implement a system that gives players power in queue. Example vote kicking tolls is a great idea and the troll gets punished. Or people can pre-pick a role then search for a game that needs people for that role. making sure that at least all roles will be filled in a game.

You need to give power to the player and not taking it away. Losing LP for this is just stupid idea since troll care little about winning what the care about is ruining someones game and that is what you are empowering.

SombreroOptional

05-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yegg View Post
...players will think twice about dodging just because they don't like the matchup or didn't get their role.
That's where you confuse a troll with a victim of a troll.

The grave misapprehensions espoused more or less explicitly in your post are demoralizingly inappropriate for one who holds power to actually change the design of the game. And I mean that in the most heartfelt sense possible. Though I guess I was always silly to try to attribute most shortcomings of the game's design to anything other than the conscious missteps of the game's designers.

As most posters here could, I'd attempt to educate you about how your game works, but instead I'll just advise you to play it yourself for a few hundred hours, since any sufficiently reasoning individual could not possibly come across as so hopelessly naive having done so.

TheChimeris

05-10-2013

I just saw this after looking up whats worse between dodging the que and loosing. And I must say trolls dont care if they win or loose. Also it never helps when half your team doesnt speak english.

Iceboundphoenix

05-19-2013

Well lets see maybe Riot could create an advanced AI that could destroy trolls at first sight so better watch what you say pregame.

Dependum

05-27-2013

So essentially, you have turned que dodging from a helpful, productive tool to prevent players who ruin the game into a penalty for the innocent. This not only harms the players who actually play for fun but causes more trolling cases and more unfair games. I just played a ranked match in bronze 3 with 2 apcs mid lane, solo adc bot, an afk jungle and me as top. Even now, I'm playing another ranked match with an afk. Literally.

WeinaMan

05-28-2013

When I try to close LoL when i'm on the end game screen. It says im queue dodging. wtf is this?