League system queue dodge penalties

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheCøøkieMonster

02-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkeejunkee View Post
pretty lame just lost 10 points dodging twice in the last couple hours, 2 trolls every time and i get the penalty's still not a fair system. Are you telling me Im supposed to do a ranked game with 3 mid characters no support and no tanks? System is flawed
Dont you wish you could vote kick the trolls pregame ?

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=3007733

Dienakes

03-06-2013

Such a fail system. I've lost so many points because of trolls or dodging trolls.. Riot doesn't care about their customers

Dienakes

03-07-2013

It would be nice to get a riot response on this

PrinceDarknight

03-15-2013

I had no idea about how dodging a Promo Series causes you to restart the whole series until yesterday, when I did it to avoid a clearly toxic and trolling pre-game situation. I had already won 1 game in the series, so the kick from the Promo series forced me to win ANOTHER game JUST to get back to the Promo series, then I had to win the 2 out of 3. For those counting at home, that's 4 wins in a row I had to get when it should have been just the 2/3...all because I didn't want to play a game I was clearly going to lose because of toxic pre-game trolling.

That's a ridiculous punishment to me, the gamer, who did nothing wrong. Had I lost any of those games instead of winning, I would have had to have worked even harder to JUST get back to the Promo series. It's an insanely stupid system that is designed specifically to hurt the innocent. A pre-game VoteKick would be greatly welcomed, and people who get repeatedly vote-kicked could start to lose LP, or get "reported" for each Kick.

Furthermore, the entire LP system, while well-intended, is just an arbitrary and silly wreck. I can't tell you how many times I had to play an extra game to get to my Promo series because I had some stupid amount of points, like 92 or 98. Playing a whole extra game for 2 points is extremely frustrating and annoying. Why not make it straight up based on games? Like, you need 5 Wins to get to a Promo series. Lose a game? Now you need 6 wins. Win a game? Now you need 4. At the point where you need 8 wins or whatever? You get demoted. It's a whole lot less arbitrary than the LP system, and you could easily tie it to MMR as well.

Praetor Proxula

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-18-2013

3 points in 90+ is ****ing annoying

koshhi

03-27-2013

How about a 10 minute penalty when dodging and a longer penalty of an artificially lower elo so you get partied with lower elo players. If you win you'll get less elo most likely because the team you face will be bad, if you lose, you suffer.

This prevents people from abusing dodge to fix their elo and at the same time puts responsibility on the player who dodges to work things out with their teams. It's about the player finding their own happy medium (of judging whether a team is worth dodging or not vs the timed penalty).

Razid

03-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxKillMeFirstxX View Post
Season 1 was loaded with people on smurf accounts looking to throw games if they didn't get their way. Season 2 was as well... Even in the few placement matches I played for season 3 I noticed the exact same thing. You generally figure this out at champ select. i.e. "I'm going fiddle support and wont have money for wards if I dont adc"...

I think the real solution is a vote to report players before the game starts.

If RIOT is genuinely concerned with the quality of our gaming experience why is there nothing being done about pregame trolls? It seems like the new change in dodging does nothing more than ignore the fact most of this could be handled before the game even starts...
A great idea. You should make a new thread about the subject.

Razid

03-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinceDarknight View Post
I had no idea about how dodging a Promo Series causes you to restart the whole series until yesterday, when I did it to avoid a clearly toxic and trolling pre-game situation. I had already won 1 game in the series, so the kick from the Promo series forced me to win ANOTHER game JUST to get back to the Promo series, then I had to win the 2 out of 3. For those counting at home, that's 4 wins in a row I had to get when it should have been just the 2/3...all because I didn't want to play a game I was clearly going to lose because of toxic pre-game trolling.
I guess you should try and stay up to date with the changes then. You can't really blame Riot Games for trying to prevent trolls, and you not realizing it. Even if you were in doubt, you could have asked your team at champion select, if there would be any punishment.

Lazergaming

03-28-2013

Every single person complaining about dodge penalty are *****ingwhiners. Adding all of you to ignore. Go **** yourselves.

Razid

03-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dienakes View Post
Such a fail system. I've lost so many points because of trolls or dodging trolls.. Riot doesn't care about their customers
So, you've lost points, because trolls dodged.... wat?

You make no sense, and Riot cares a great deal about their customers. The greatest computergame company I've ever seen. First company I've seen that have cared so much about people's feedback, and balancing, not to mention improvement, to the game. Riot is great. You should either start opening your eyes... or stop trolling.